[New RPG] Rank breakdown?

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Lady Quickswitch

Rank breakdown?

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Is there a breakdown of the Autobot and Decepticon rank structure in the New RPG? Sky Lynx is rank 9--and I don't usually play command characters. :glance:
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I think that among the Autobots, a rough version of the rank breakdown goes like this:

Zeta Prime --> Sentinel --> Prowl --> Sky Lynx/Rapido/Kup --> Jazz, Magnus --> Topspin, Warpath et al

Although there might be divisions among the on-field soldiers and the coordinators like Volks and Prowl.

I was under the impression that higher-ranking soldiers (Prowl isn't a soldier) like Lynx and Rapido can take on-field decisions when they needed to, like what Magnus did in the Sixshot battle.

For the Decepticons, it's simpler: Megatron --> everyone else.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

It's also worth remembering that a good number of the characters who are running around (maybe even most of them) aren't military at all. I mean, out of the eight characters I've got only Lugnut and Omega Supreme are soldiers. Red Alert's a police officer, Smokescreen's a psychiatrist, Megatron's a politician, Predacon is a university professor, Skullgrin is an actor and Soundwave is a Decepticon spy perfectly loyal Autobot telecommunications hub.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Jazz doesn't answer to Rapido :glance: and Kup will pretty much ignore Prowl :p

And yeah, Magnus has a long way to go before he'll be in a commanding position. Volks just got a rank and Wheeljack doesn't even have one. Doubt he'll ever be military too.

Tarantulas doesn't care about rank. He'll do whatever he likes to do :D
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:It's also worth remembering that a good number of the characters who are running around (maybe even most of them) aren't military at all. I mean, out of the eight characters I've got only Lugnut and Omega Supreme are soldiers. Red Alert's a police officer, Smokescreen's a psychiatrist, Megatron's a politician, Predacon is a university professor, Skullgrin is an actor and Soundwave is a Decepticon spy perfectly loyal Autobot telecommunications hub.
And even then Omega is sort-of retired.

Out of my characters, Sentinel, Obsidian and Skywarp are soldiers. Prowl is military, but well, he's in the chain of command no matter how you slice it. Grimlock is a gladiator (though Obsidian just deputized him, kind of). Sixshot hasn't got a rank yet, and anyway he's a walking nuke as opposed to a proper soldier. You don't pin ranks on a nuke. Scorponok is a freelance scientist-slash-rogue former senator-slash businessman-slash-black market dealer.

Fallen is an eldritch demigod of chaos who moonlights as a barbeque grill.
Springer85 wrote:Jazz doesn't answer to Rapido :glance: and Kup will pretty much ignore Prowl :p
Prowl is sad. :(

Kup and Maximus will ignore him. Springer will probably falconpunch him. Prowl is sad. :(
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

I think Rapido is slightly lower than Jazz in the heirarchy. He can make some decisions such as ignoring or interpreting orders certain ways, such as leaving Topspin and some of the others behind in Kaon, but he's not that high ranked... yet :)
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Sky Lynx is a walking ego-machine. The chain-of-command is definitely there, but he believes himself superior to many if not most of his command superiors. He'll obey, but it can get patronizing. But he recognizes command ability in others and doesn't mind letting them flex their muscles under his watchful eye, the leaders of tomorrow.

Switch is a cadet, and once he's rebuilt into a six changer, who knows where he'll fit in the hierarchy--most cadets can't demolish whole structures single-handed.

Incision, I'd think, just quietly does his job and follows orders to the letter.

And with Sludge, it's simplified to Strongest Leader >> Everyone Else.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Lady Quick Switch wrote:Sky Lynx is a walking ego-machine. The chain-of-command is definitely there, but he believes himself superior to many if not most of his command superiors.
Considering that command superior is a bot by the name of Sentinel, Sky Lynx is not wrong.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Thunderwing is pretty much mad scientist/evil mastermind and he only listens to orders until he pretty much assumes the control he thinks belongs to him.

and Onslaught and swindle are pretty much soldiers, though Onslaught is essentially a squad leader, and swindles a con-man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2