[Original RPG] End of Days: New Dawn Rising (Decepticon Shuttle)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Galvatron91

End of Days: New Dawn Rising (Decepticon Shuttle)

Post by Galvatron91 »

(This post is for the Decepticon Shuttle)

The shuttle touched off and began to rise into the horizon. The Earthen sun seemed to rise over the moutains as the shuttle gained altitude. Galvatron noticed this and turned to Optitron.

Galvatron: "Ironic isn't it...as the sun rises on the terran planet to mark a new day for them, so too does it mark a new day for Decepticons everywhere...a new day of glory!"

The shuttle began to accelerate towards the atmosphere, breaking through with ease and past the Decepticon Defense Grid.

Galvatron: "Continue acceleration to the Plutonian Warpgate, Sixshot...then commence holding patter...this will be Skywarp's time to shine. The teleportation should take us about an hour our time...a matter of seconds to the rest of the universe...the autobots will never even know what hit them!"

Galvatron smiled as the shuttle made its way through the solar sytem...on a course for destiny.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thundercracker leaned against the wall of the shuttle, staring through a viewport.

He allowed himself a somber smile. Earth... sunrise... it's beautiful, but... it's not Cybertron...
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Skywarp didn't break his concentration, he dare not for if he did he risked failiure of his mission.

"Scorponok....I....I AM SURE I CAN DO THIS, WHO ARE YOU to question ME"

Skywarp settled and composed himself once more, waiting for his time, his composure, his calling.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Aboard the Decepticon shuttle, silence reigned as the great vessel lifted from the filthy Earthen soil and ascended into space. Once gravity had been restored and the Decepticons present were able to move from their seats, Blackout headed for the rear of the shuttle and leaned over one of the anti-spacecraft control panels. He punched a few keys and brought up the Transport ID screen.

"New Dawn", he muttered. "Sounds like a Megatron expression to me. Fool." He punched a few more keys, looking around the ship as he did so. Galvatron, Sixshot, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Darkwing, Dreadwind, the Predacons, Adeara, and Blackout's fellow Renegades were present for this fateful journey to complete Decepticon supremacy. He quickly noticed that, in his thoughts, he had automatically lumped Starscream in with the Renegades without thinking twice. Their alliance had been a marriage of convenience at first, but the circumstances seemed to have tied him to the group indefinitely.

I wonder whether we should be trusting him so much, Blackout thought, frowning behind his face plate. Nobody who's trusted him before has been happy about it...

Galvatron: "Ironic isn't it...as the sun rises on the terran planet to mark a new day for them, so too does it mark a new day for Decepticons everywhere...a new day of glory!"

Optitron turned to his omnipotent leader and said, "Very true, Galvatron. Our mission of conquest is half completed; only the conquest of our homeworld remains. We shall arrive at the warp gate in a few moments."

[This message has been edited by Starscreamsghost (edited 12-01-2001).]
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

Adeara stood against a wall in the shuttle, not used to the size of it. She was used to shuttles made for persons of her true size. It was disconcerting, but not too bad. Te wall she was leaning against was near Skywarp, so she watch, and wondering what she was supposed to do. She could never help stablize a person who was doing something so big as transport a shuttle from here to Cybertron...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Darkwing and Dreadwind walked up to Adeara.

"Is there anything we can do to assist you?" Darkwing asked.
Starscreamsghost

Standing beside Galvatron at the helm of the ship, Optitron pointed at the windshield and said, "There, up ahead, the warp gate. We'll pass through its vortex in less than sixty astroseconds. Perhaps it's time Skywarp perhaps for this rather...hectic trip..."
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

(OOC: Part of this was written by Warp sometime ago and I am posting it to move the story along. We will be in teleportation for sometime so we will continue to post while in the teleportation...no one is to end the teleportation sequence other than myself...we have a little twist planned for the end.)

Galvatron saw the warp gate and Sixshot guided the large shuttle through it. The EDC had been waiting and begun to fire upon the shuttle...a scrambling system had ensured they would not be able to contact the Autobots or Earth for days...but the defensive weapons systems of their ship would have to hold off the assault and give Skywarp the time he needed. If need be, Galvatron himself planned to fly to the Earth ships and tear them apart piece by piece with his own bare hands. He sent word to Gigatron to make preperations to lanuch Trypticon in 4 Earthen hours....enough time to get them landed and re-energized without detection. Galvatron turned to Adeara and her team.

Galvatron: "It will take approximately one hour for us to pull through this...nothing is to happen to Skywarp, he must be protected at all costs from anything..." galvatron paused and glared at Starscream...

"...and everything. Commence teleportation sequence, whenever you are ready Skywarp."

(this part written by Skywarp)

This was his big test, one that would either ruin his Decepticon standings or make him a hero for generations to come. He got that nervous feeling again, the one he felt back in Autobot City when he tried to teleport himself, Thundercracker and Galvatron all at once, causing Thundercracker to go offline and a great discomfort to both himself and Galvatron.

He had barely managed to teleport three, but the task of teleporting an entire shuttle was over-whelming, so many things to take into account, so many possibilities of failiure. The energon storage facilities could explode, the mass shift could cause any one of a number of outcomes, Skywarp knew the risks involved, but he also knew what had to be done, to aid the Decepticon's triumph over the Autobots further.

They had already taken Autobot City, Metrotitan was operational and Gigatron's squad was no doubt tearing Earth apart, this task was his, to Cybertron.

Skywarp steadied himself, he needed all his concentration to focus on the task ahead, the fact they were under heavy fire didn't help matters much, but concentrate he had to, one wrong move, one lost thought, one tiny slip and it could all go wrong - badly.

The ship began to vanish around the Decepticons on board.

"It's working" cried Galvatron, "Excellent Skywarp, keep going"

Skywarp heard Galvatron's comments but didn't take them in, he was too focused on the mission in hand, making an entire shuttle and Decepticon fleet teleport beyond the reaches of the humans and on it's way to Cybertron.

The shuttle continued to dissolve into nothing around them. Skywarp was directly in the center, watching the shuttle disappear was a sight to behold for the crew, watching themselves fade slowly as the blanket of space appeared around them. None of them feared it, they had all seen Skywarp perform this countless times, but to experience it first hand was truly stunning.

As more of the spacecraft was consumed by the teleportation sequence, Galvatron himself began to disappear now.

Here we go again Galvatron thought to himself remembering the last experience.

almost got it Skywarp thought, his concentration hadn't broken at all, he was surprised that the challenge had proved a lot simpler than he had first imagined.

With that final thought Skywarp himself was consumed by the usual feeling he got whenever he teleported.

The ship vanished...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

As the Powermaster jets waited for a response from Adeara, Dreadwind suddenly flinched.

"What is it", asked Darkwing.

"I don't know, but I got a bad feeling", Dreadwind replied.

(OOC: Galvatron, Sky, don't know what you're actually planning, but I thought I'd give a bit of suspense.)

(edit. Sig removal)

[This message has been edited by Bombshell (edited 12-02-2001).]
Starscreamsghost

For an instant, there was nothing. Every Decepticon on board the New Dawn felt his body disappear and become one with the nothingness of space, and the ship was enveloped with the whitest of white, bright lights.

But only for an instant.

Before Starscream even had time to scream, things were back to normal inside the shuttle. The stars whizzing by outside were nothing but a blur as the shuttle made its way invisibly through the cosmos. It was then that Starscream turned to his right and glanced into the optics of Optitron, who stood beside the bedazzled Galvatron. Slowly, Starscream and the other Renegades rose from their seats and headed for the front of the ship, where Optitron was stepping to the center of the brig not far behind Galvatron.

Before Sixshot, the jets, the Predacons, or anyone else knew what was happening, the Renegades had encircled the two Decepticon titans. Optitron faced Galvatron with his twin concussion blasters at his sides.

His body still glowing with the power of the Quintessons' Hypergon, Optitron stared into the optics of his leader and growled, "Galvatron, it is time. One shall complete the Decepticons' rise to glory. One shall meet his death...painfully..."

[This message has been edited by Starscreamsghost (edited 12-02-2001).]
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

His optics flared as he turned to find that he was surrounded.

Galvatron: "Making the move so soon? I would have thought you would have at least been intelligent enough to wait for the final defeat of the Autobots before trying to usurp leadership...how very...Starscream of you Optitron."

Galvatron realized something was different with Optitron, he just couldn't place what it was. He also realized the severity of his postion...his warriors would not be able to help him...Optitron's however could. Likewise, part of his force had to protect Skywarp...another advantage for Optitron. This was grim indeed, but Galvatron had been down this road before and had always conquered. It was his nature.

Galvatron: "What do you hope to gain? If by some miracle of Primus you defeat my and assume the mantle of leadership, how long do you think it would be before Gigatron came to reclaim it? Or Starscream stabbed you in the back? Power is given to those who are destined to have it...and you...since the time of your creation you have always chosen to be second to me! So strike if you wish...for it will be your final mistake!"

[This message has been edited by Galvatron91 (edited 12-04-2001).]
Starscreamsghost

Optitron heard the words of his leader and said, "So, you expected my Renegades and I to challenge your leadership? If so, you are even more of a fool than you appear to be; only a fool would allow the bringer of his destruction to remain in the command element."

Blackout glanced over at Starscream and sensed the irony, but said nothing.

Optitron continued, "Your powers do not approach my own even under normal circumstances. Now, with the power of Hypergon pulsating through my circuits, this entire batallion of Decepticons combined is no match for my fury! As for this Gigatron, even through our minimal contact, I can assure you that he is even less of a match for me than you are."

Optitron raised the rifle in his right hand casually and said, "You know in your laser core that Decepticons, by their very nature, will follow the most powerful warrior in their ranks. By that standard, leadership should have been mine from day one. Today, that oversight is corrected...."

And Optitron fired a tremendous blast from his rifle...

"PERMANENTLY!!!"

[This message has been edited by Starscreamsghost (edited 12-04-2001).]
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Adeara was about to respond to Dreadwind ad Darkwing(DUCK!) when she noticed the shuttle begining to fade. As she watched in awe, and horror, the shuttle faded, then she felt herself fading. A strangled cry came from her, as she had never, in her millenia-long life, felt anything like that. It felt as if she were being shifted into countless forms at one time. Once the fading was over with, and she came back, she found herself in her normal form. Shock registered on her face. "By the Creator! That was the strangest thing I've ever had happen to me!" Then, as she tried to shift back to her Decepticon form, she found that she couldn't. Trying a second time, she still couldn't shift. "What the frag????" Trying a third time, she was only able to turn into her firebird form. Shifting back to normal, Adeara frowned. "This is not good!" Just then, she heard the blast. "What in the name of the Creator was that?!? Dreadwind, Darkwing, stay here and keep an eye on Skywarp. I'm going to find out what happened." Luckily, in her normal form, she could sneak like a shadow, and sneak she did. Sneaking towards the bridge, Adeara held herself ready to fight, even if the size difference was huge 'tween her and the Decepticons around her. Her firebird form could fix that. Reaching the area that Galvatron was in, she saw a group surrounding him. The leader of the group held a gun, which had been fired recently. Sh*t! Adeara focused the fire that was a part of her from fusing with the Firebird, and sent it towards the leader's gun, hoping to make it too hot to hold......

[This message has been edited by AngelOfDeath124 (edited 12-03-2001).]
Starscreamsghost

Stationed by their leader to stop any interference by the surrounding Decepticons, the Renegades were prepared for the actions of Adeara.

Noticing Adeara concentrating on Optitron, he shouted, "Oh no, you don't! Magnacrunch, throw out some magnetic interference!"

Magnacrunch heard the call from his fellow Renegade, turned towards his position and unleashed a repulsion field between Optitron and Adeara. Whatever powers Adeara had unleashed were magnetically repelled by the wall of energy, and Optitron's blast headed straight for Galvatron's fuel pump...

(OOC to Angel: Not that it matters. The battle shall go on.)

[This message has been edited by Starscreamsghost (edited 12-04-2001).]
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Watching Adeara leave, Dreadwind and Darkwing went over to Skywarp

"You think he's ok", Dreadwind asked.

"Beats me", Darkwing responded.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thundercracker shivered as they passed through the warpgate.

He turned back to face the interior of the craft, is mind elsewhere, he didn't see the actions of the Renegades until it was too late
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

(Um, S-Ghost, do me a favor, and reread my post. What Adeara was trying to do was make Optitron drop the gun, not change the blast. She was trying to make the gun too hot to hold. Please, edit your post to reflect that.)

[This message has been edited by AngelOfDeath124 (edited 12-04-2001).]
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

(Not much time...quick post to not hold casper up...more later!)

Galvatron winced as the blast hit him straight on, though he managed to take most of it in the upper chest and shoulder to minimze the damage.

Galvatron: "I hope you have more than that flatscan...you are about to reap a world of pain the likes of which you could not even begin to imagine!"

Galvatron swung his cannon arm into position and fired.
Starscreamsghost

Starscream looked on as Optitron's rifle blast collided with Galvatron's shoulder with a good deal of force. As Galvatron struggled for a moment from the force of the blast, Starscream thought, Yes, Optitron, destroy him! Once Galvatron is destroyed, our control of the Decepticons is assured...and you will have already taken the first step to guaranteeing your own demise!

As Galvatron raised his fission cannon, Starscream shouted to his leader, "Destroy hi, Optitron, destroy him I say!!!" Just then, Galvatron fired his cannon. Optitron turned at a lucky angle and the blast ricocheted off his armor and straight at Starscream, catching him in the wing and knocking him off his feet. Appropriately, the jet screamed in pain as he rolled about on the metal ground, hurt but undamaged.

Optitron turned and watched Starscream fall. He thought, Serves that incompetent whiner right. Still, that blast came much too close to hitting the shuttle wall. If the shuttle's integrity is breached, or if Skywarp is disturbed, we could be lost in the void. The risk is too great to continue shooting; it's time I finish off my inferior counterpart with my bare hands!

Optitron shifted his rifles into subspace and said, "If you value your life and the lives of your Decepticons, you will deactivate your weapon at once, Galvatron. The consequences of an errant blast in this volatile environment could prove catostrophic. It's time we crown the true Decepticon leader robot to robot, hand to hand."
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Galvatron realized that Optitron was correct in his assessment of the situation. An errant blast would doom them all...and he was not willing to risk it. Yet he also realized the fatal error he had made. He had not taken the time to fully be repaired following his brutal battle with Whitespeed just a short time ago. This was not the time to go into a battle with such an opponent and sporting wounds...but there was no choice, if he gave up he would never be able to hold the decepticons respect again. It was time...time to once again engage death and wrestle it back...time to meet the enemy head on...in spite of the circumstances, to conquer...to prevail...to ATTACK!

Galvatron: "Now you shall DIE! TRAITOR!!!"

Reacting on pure instinct he charged, hands clasping, extended, seeking to rip, to rend, to mangle, to tear Optitron apart piece by piece...it was time...one would stand, one would fall.