[Wishful thinking] Ultimate TF:TM DVD...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

[Wishful thinking] Ultimate TF:TM DVD...

Post by Cliffjumper »

Y'know, with every movie getting about 19 moderately different releases on DVD per year, it'd be nice if someone put together an ultimate TF:TM DVD, and did the damn thing the same everywhere... here's my realistic [i.e. no "put Magnus' death in as scripted!" ****, or getting Ron Freidman to do a commentary when he probably can't remember what happens...] features list...

Nice sparkly new cover art - Raiz or Senior. None of those pissy cardboard covers either, I want this thing to last more than 5 minutes...
Widescreen print, with the option of US or European titles. They might as well leave the "Sh!t" line in, though it makes no difference to me, and shouldn't to anyone else...
US Trailer
Japanese Promo Reel
Score & Soundtrack [possibly on a bonus CD or somesuch... not too good on DVD tech]
Storyboards
Draft & Final Scripts [possibly as a CD-Rom extra so they can be printed]
Character models, posters, nice toy images etc. in an art gallery - maybe some nice big stills too of the better bits.
PS2 trailer [though a documentary would be nice...]
Maybe some interviews, but only with people who'd really know what's going on - DiCola... erm, okay, he's the only one who still really cares. "Celebrity" talking head reviews from all sorts of semi-unrelated peeps offering views would be nice - Lee, Furman, Figueroa, Guido etc.
Character profiles - maybe expanded versions from MTMTE?
Relevant toy commercials
Maybe the comics in some sort of "InAction" format for completism.

Well, I'd buy it...
Ozz
Protoform

Re: [Wishful thinking] Ultimate TF:TM DVD...

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
no "put Magnus' death in as scripted!" ****

Damn, this was first what I thought about. ;)
The draft script wasn't never animated, was it?

There also should be Stan Bush - The Touch video.
And, it's not concerning most of you, but if it'd be released here, I'd like it with Polish subtitles (no dub!) translated by someone who knows things 'bout TFs. Like me. :) Hell, I translated it once and did quite good job, so why not? :)
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Cliffjumper

Re: Re: [Wishful thinking] Ultimate TF:TM DVD...

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Ozz
Damn, this was first what I thought about. ;)
The draft script wasn't never animated, was it?
Nope, which is a shame...
There also should be Stan Bush - The Touch video.
But I hate Stan Bush :(

Multiple sub tracks would be a great idea, though... there must be fans all over the world who'd contribute virtually for free...
Ozz
Protoform

Re: Re: Re: [Wishful thinking] Ultimate TF:TM DVD...

Post by Ozz »

Nope, which is a shame...

I was asking, cause there was something strange echo in my memory when I read draft script at Denyer's site for the first time. :)

Multiple sub tracks would be a great idea, though... there must be fans all over the world who'd contribute virtually for free...

I guess it is doable. I guess.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

If they have the script and stuff, it wouldn't be on a bonus CD, it'd likely be included on the DVD itself for use in a DVD-ROM, a lot of movies include the scripts these days and use that. An extra CD would be asking for a bit much, and to my knowledge, there isn't a DVD out there with a bonus CD as opposed to a bonus DVD. Unless you count the "too hot for DVD" commentary tracks for the first season of South Park :rolleyes:
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

I'd add Bush's "Machinehead" TF video to the DVD. Whoever assembled it by the way did a great job.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
I'd add Bush's "Machinehead" TF video to the DVD. Whoever assembled it by the way did a great job.

Yeah, I'd like it too, but since it is rather unofficial (I think) work, than I guess nobody'd rather put it.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

My problem with that is that it's just a random compilation of clips from the movie... fans do that kind of edit overlayed with some rock music all the time... The other problem would be just how much Bush'd ask...
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Hey, I'd buy it, if only because DVD releases that compile and package together different media like that are great (a la the Godfather box set), even if most/all of the material included can be culled together from other sources.

Inclusion of some art galleries (maybe still shots from the movie and cartoon, or maybe even some fan art) would be nice, though including stuff like comic cover scans might be tricky, seeing as how I have no clue who owns the rights to what...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm actually quite surrised we haven't seen a big pricey collectors' edition yet... the Rhino DVD, IIRC, came out just before the TF nostalgia boom really hit overdrive, so there'd be money to make... here's hoping Rhino will do something nice, maybe slotted between the last S2 set and the S3 set!