Well, the job's finished...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Reverend Shrapnel

Well, the job's finished...

Post by Reverend Shrapnel »

...my friends have mostly gone already. Only got my driving test on Wed and then it's time to sever all ties with the Borough. Uni's less than a week away...
I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I never did find the time to come up there and harass you at work.

Good luck with the d test, Mr Nel. :)
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Thank the Lord for a deep canyon filled with water between our homes...

now got to bomb that tunnel... :glance:
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Key uni tip: buy a pack of dirt-cheap bendy metal cutlery for about £2 and expect to lose it all. Oh, and always buy anti-bacterial washing-up liquid.

All the best dude! :)
Reverend Shrapnel

Ah crud! I forgot to buy all that crockery today...all I came back with was a 64-capacity CD case. Nothing like the essentials in life eh? :rolleyes: Thanks chaps.
I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Again, don't take anything you definitely want in one piece at the end of the year... sauce-pans in particular, as they always get scratched to ****. If you've any relatives with old but serviceable stuff, it's not a bad idea to blag some. Spend the money on something like a sandwich toaster... voila, very quick meals.

Had I my time again, I'd probably travel with two racks of CD-Rs rather than try to cart my CDs around. That was insane, particularly as I was never anywhere near a ground floor.

BTW, you're gonna think me insane, but I've just ordered "The Wolf"... it seems pleasant enough stuff to work to...

Any questions you think I might be able to answer, just holler.
Reverend Shrapnel

Originally posted by Denyer

Had I my time again, I'd probably travel with two racks of CD-Rs rather than try to cart my CDs around. That was insane, particularly as I was never anywhere near a ground floor.

Que? Run that by me one more time if y'please!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I wouldn't take any originals or jewel cases. For three years I lugged massive boxes around... to first, fourth and second floor accomodation respectively... at the time I had quite a slow CD writer, so copying everything would've taken ages to duplicate.

I'd regale you with the stories of accidental damage and vandalism perpetrated on our second year flat, but I wouldn't want to put such thoughts in your head at this stage. :D
Reverend Shrapnel

Luckily most stuff I'm taking is going to be on CD-R...and in a wallet. Hmm...maybe I HAD better copy that Darkness album though...

Thanks (I think) for the heads up...:D
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

It's amazing how common that cutlery thing is. I have gone through at least 15 knives, forks, spoons and teaspoons(and I don't even drink tea at uni!) in two years. Thank God for Tesco Value cutlery.

And baking trays. Don't spend a lot on one. Impromptu drunken hardcore wrestling matches will soon put paid to that. Either that, or a year's worth of encrusted grease and fat at the end.

I'd recommend a mini-fridge as a near essential purchase. That way, people shouldn't nick your milk, vegetables, and healthy eating products. This is all theoretical of course, as mine contains nothing but cans of cold lager.

Lastly, don't forget DIY stuff. Especially bulbs. The electricity in student housing (not uni accomodation, but private sector ****eholes) is often bad. So take fuses too.

Really lastly. A bottle of Refresh spray is really a godsend, and it works bloody marvelously. A swift spray on your clothes will get rid of cigerette smells and various other unpleasantness. Definitely the most useful cleaning agent ever invented (bar a mother who does all your washing for you).

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"