MSNBC-Newsweek Politicians Threaten To Make Sequal of Gigli

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sassy
Protoform

MSNBC-Newsweek Politicians Threaten To Make Sequal of Gigli

Post by Sassy »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6336712/site/newsweek/

"Cheney blames Kerry for ‘Gigli’; warns of sequel if Bush loses office"

Oct. 26 - The scorched-earth presidential campaign took a particularly nasty turn today as Vice President Dick Cheney blamed Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry for the box-office bomb "Gigli," warning that a sequel to the Ben Affleck-Jennifer Lopez turkey might be released if the senator is elected.

Cheney has crisscrossed the country in recent days warning that a Kerry victory might bring increases in domestic terrorism and national security catastrophes, but the "Gigli" charges represent a new intensity in Cheney's partisan attacks.

advertisement

Speaking before a crowd in Davenport, Iowa, Cheney said, "In all of his public statements, Sen. Kerry has yet to identify
'Gigli' as one of the worst films of all time, and one can only conclude that he wouldn't mind at all if there was a sequel."

Drawing a sharp contrast with Kerry, the vice president said that the Bush White House was "working overtime to make sure that another 'Gigli' does not happen."

Cheney's words seem designed to win over voters in the so-called battleground states, still reeling from the release of the 2003 stinker.

But Kerry, on the campaign trail in Pennsylvania, was quick to fire back at Cheney, telling his audience, "'Gigli' happened on his watch."

Kerry continued on the attack, saying that not only did the Bush administration fail to prevent "Gigli," but they also "must take some responsibility for the career of Justin Timberlake and that show with Jim Belushi."

Elsewhere, independent candidate Ralph Nader said today that he was considering dropping out of the presidential race to focus on wrecking Christmas instead.

Andy Borowitz is the author of The Borowitz Report, and the winner of the National Press Club's humor award. For more, go to borowitzreport.com.

© 2004 Newsweek, Inc.

I liked Gigli so it would be good if they made a sequal-perhaps people will like it more than the orginial...

I just thought I'd share that...

Sassy, Interesting Artical
Garand

Re: MSNBC-Newsweek Politicians Threaten To Make Sequal of Gigli

Post by Garand »

Originally posted by Sassy
the winner of the National Press Club's humor award.

I'm glad it's only a joke.. I'd be worried if they were using movies as compaign topics.. then again, it would hit for a younger demographic..
Bombshell

Re: MSNBC-Newsweek Politicians Threaten To Make Sequal of Gigli

Post by Bombshell »

I officially declare this the Dumbest News Story EVAH!
Originally posted by Sassy
I liked Gigli

Erik, you get the flaming couches and catapults, I'll get the tar and feathers.
Civ

Re: Re: MSNBC-Newsweek Politicians Threaten To Make Sequal of Gigli

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Bombshell
I officially declare this the Dumbest News Story EVAH!

Erik, you get the flaming couches and catapults, I'll get the tar and feathers.

That bad, eh? Glad I didn't have the time to go and watch it. :D
Garand

Post by Garand »

It wasn't known to be a big box office hit. I think more people walked out of Gigli than "The Mexican"

I ahven't seen it, so I can't honestly say it's good or bad, though the advertised plot didn't interest me either.
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

Originally posted by Garand
It wasn't known to be a big box office hit. I think more people walked out of Gigli than "The Mexican"

i know more people made fun of the mexican... sad thing is old people hated the movie more then younger people..
as for gili.. i didnt see it so i wont comment of it..