What is your opinion of multiple Cyclonus's?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ultimate Weapon

What is your opinion of multiple Cyclonus's?

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Do you like the idea that there is more of the same mold of Cyclonus that Unicron can produce as a grunt worker/slave? It makes sense given the fact that there are countless seeker jets,as well as more than 1 sweep.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Didn´t the seekers have different personalities?

What do you mean by "multiple Cyconus's"? Clones, like the Sweeps, or like the Seeker, with independent personality, but Cyclonus as their leader.
The latter I like.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

the idea I'm getting from the DW comic is simply that the cyclonus we see bustin out.. is the real deal G1 dude. no drones or nothin. but he would be the next step of evolution for unicron's minions. Makes no sense if uni were gonna make multiples of cyclonus. he's got all the frippin sweeps.
Zizicez
Protoform

Post by Zizicez »

well as long as i dont EVER see:

Sunclonus
Cywarp
or
Thundercloner

ill be cool, i think

[not related in any way]

i have to try this little guy

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

[not related in any way/]

:D
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Cyberman
Didn´t the seekers have different personalities?

What do you mean by "multiple Cyconus's"? Clones, like the Sweeps, or like the Seeker, with independent personality, but Cyclonus as their leader.
The latter I like.

id have to agree there a group of cyclonus like seekers each with their own personality and cyclonus as their leader would work
that is maybe the way it was suposed to be
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Well, there were two "Cyclonuses" in the movie, albeit only for a short time...

And didn't they originally plan for Cyclonus to have a whole group of lookalikes serving under him (hence the line about "his Armada")?

Don't know if it would have been a good idea. It could have been cool, but on the other hand, there already was a group of "they all look the same" Transformers (the Sweeps), so it could have looked like a bit of "overkill" to have a second one.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

that was what i was reffering too
and i agreee it might have bene cut short because it might have been over kill to have both sweeps and cyclonus drones
but it might be because the cartoon creators fumbeld the ball
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

How about....

Unicron did create an armada of Cycloni, but gave them about as much intelligence as your average Dinobot, and bodies with the quality of your average gestalt knock-off. In the ensuing final battle with Unicron, all the clones were killed, but Cyclonus, being of superior mind and body, survived to witness Season 3 and beyond.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Arcee
And didn't they originally plan for Cyclonus to have a whole group of lookalikes serving under him (hence the line about "his Armada")?

According to draft script of TF:TM, yes.

I believe the other Cyclonus in The Movie, is what left of that armada after the idea was scrapped. And Unicron's line of course.
Fireflight
Protoform

Post by Fireflight »

Originally posted by God Jinrai
the idea I'm getting from the DW comic is simply that the cyclonus we see bustin out.. is the real deal G1 dude. no drones or nothin. but he would be the next step of evolution for unicron's minions.

The way I see it is that Unicron is producing a fleet on Cyclonus', but one of those (probably the one we did see bursting out) will be named Cyclonus.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Well, the Cyclonus shown in the movie only seemed to have one purpose: Be Galvatron's grunt man, not showcasing any type of personality whatsoever.

Of course, it's the Cyclonus seen after the series that most people identify with: The cold, honorable warrior who was pretty much the only thing keeping the Decepticons together.

Now, as for the "multiple Cyclonus" theory, I do believe that Cyclonus was meant to be a singular person, with no drones whatsoever. Yeah, there was a second Cyclonus, but I consider that to be little more than one of the series many animation errors. And let's face it, as great as the movie was in terms of animation, it didn't exactly escape the "error free" zone. This just happens to be the most well known error.

Now, in regards to the Dreamwave continutity (of which I appear to be the only once accepting as true fact), I think that after the situation in which Scourge and his Sweep drones fail in their mission, Unicron, upon awakening, would create a single warrior to do his bidding. In the absence of a Megatron corpse to reform as Galvatron, he used the materials he got from consuming Lithone to create Cyclonus.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by Bombshell

Now, as for the "multiple Cyclonus" theory, I do believe that Cyclonus was meant to be a singular person, with no drones whatsoever. Yeah, there was a second Cyclonus, but I consider that to be little more than one of the series many animation errors.

That's well possible; but if so, how would you explain the line, "Cyclonus, the warrior, and his Armada"? Unless the "Armada" could have been something else?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

how would you explain the line, "Cyclonus, the warrior, and his Armada"?

Typo. :p
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

You mean as in "A Prime Problem", when Trailbreaker gets called "Trailblazer"? Again, possible. But there is a certain symmetry to Scourge being introduced with his identical minions ("Scourge, the tracker, and his huntsmen, the Sweeps"), and Cyclonus being introduced with "his Armada" that makes it look intentional.

(Not saying this to put down your opinion, just making a point.)
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

You mean as in "A Prime Problem", when Trailbreaker gets called "Trailblazer"?

Not really. I mean, is there any proof that the script for the episode says "Trailblazer?" I mean, for all we know, Peter Cullen slipped on the tongue that day, and said the wrong name. The cartoon was famous for being made at such a quick pace. Errors like this happened all the time, most likely before they could be corrected.

Still, you could assume that the "Armada" was meant to be Scourge and the Sweeps. I mean, does anyone have a copy of the script handy to prove me wrong? *

* = And by "script", I mean "actual" shooting script, not one of those fanmade things.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Still, you could assume that the "Armada" was meant to be Scourge and the Sweeps.

Good point.
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Originally posted by King Fargo
How about....

Unicron did create an armada of Cycloni, but gave them about as much intelligence as your average Dinobot, and bodies with the quality of your average gestalt knock-off. In the ensuing final battle with Unicron, all the clones were killed, but Cyclonus, being of superior mind and body, survived to witness Season 3 and beyond.

FFoD Pt.5 Cybertron's skies are full of Cycloni. :D
Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by E Nice
FFoD Pt.5 Cybertron's skies are full of Cycloni. :D

Oh, please. Don't get me started on FFoD.