• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2006-08-11, 12:09 AM   #21
Gouki
Not a robot.

Australia.

Quote:
Originally posted by Knightdramon
I can't believe that people are still not satisfied with either product. Really, who will play with Prime's trailer? Who will even attempt to play with Roller for more than five minutes after they've opened the box?
I will. And, damn it, if they're going to call it Masterpiece Convoy, I expect Roller to be in there. It's just common sense.

Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 12:25 AM   #22
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Gouki
I will. And, damn it, if they're going to call it Masterpiece Convoy, I expect Roller to be in there. It's just common sense.
They called it Masterpiece Convoy two years ago, and all it came with was a paper trailer.

I highly doubt that many people want to display it in base or repair mode, so the trailer stays in "vehicle" mode. That's what I'd do if I were to acquire it. All the trailer really does is provide bulk in vehicle mode.

As for SS, the only answer to the recolour that I can provide is that takara is trying to make him presentable to a wide array of customers instead of just tf fans. Until I see an actual picture of the product in G1 colours, I reserve any and all comments of the "G1 ver. rocks!" like.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 01:01 AM   #23
Apriorion

The Formitron

Quote:
Originally posted by Knightdramon
Really, who will play with Prime's trailer? Who will even attempt to play with Roller for more than five minutes after they've opened the box?
*Playing with* is one thing; *having on display* is another altogether.
One undeniable virtue of having the trailer is storage of all the miscellaneous parts (e.g., the Megatron gun, the energon axe, etc.). I have the Hasbro 20th anniv. edition from a couple years back, and when my Optimus is in truck mode, it is an aesthetic drawback to have all those parts lying around. This particular trailer has those nifty little racks in which to plug those parts, which is a further plus to my mind.

Apriorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 03:13 PM   #24
Slag2006

Leeds, UK

That is gorgeous. Can I have one???even tho he was right whinging little ****!! lol

Slag2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 09:01 AM   #25
ColdBain
Powermaster

New Zealand
Default Masterpiece Starscream

He is truly amazing, beautiful even. The articulation, the detail in both Jet and Robot mode, it is definately an awesome mould. Now that it is made, however, does this mean we can see a bunch of 'quick-fire' MAster Piece Transformers being released in succession? Like, oh, I don't know, MP04: Thundercracker, MP05: Skywarp? I'm waiting for a Master Piece Ultra Magnus trailer to go with the 'white' Optimus that was released as well.

Starscream is great, but why did they change his colour scheme? Was there an actual reason? Will Hasbro buy this mould and release it with the 'correct' colours? Awesome toy, but for me, I don't want to get it unless there is one with Starscream's actual colours, otherwise it's just a really expensive Transformer.:\

ColdBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 04:00 PM   #26
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

I think I figured the Re-Color out. take a look at the right side of this catolog scan:

http://tfarchive.com/toys/catalogues..._catalogue.php

see the blue and red Starscream... It might be the reason for the change.

Thats way RETRO....

another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:37 PM   #27
ColdBain
Powermaster

New Zealand
Default Starscream, Again

I used to have a poster of that very picture on my all when I was little. It is possible that that is the reason for the colour change. But I always assumed that Starscream was that colour because of the 'darkness of space' if you know what I mean... meh, it's an awesome toy. I'm just crossing my fingers for the slightest possible chance of a Starscream with the actual colours of the cartoon version.

It would be weird if that is where they got their inspiration from, because aren't they including the 'crown' from the animated film? If they are including the crown, then they were obviously taking heed from the cartoons right?

I guess that's enough bitching about Starscream from me, he is awesome, he is awesome, he is.

Old 2006-08-13, 12:51 AM   #28
Rosalie

I'm disappointed. If this was a cheaper figure, TF Classics, fine - but it's a masterpiece. And it's coloured wrongly. If I'm paying $100 for a figure it has to be perfect.

The prototypes for Classics Starscream were spot on. Unfortunately, the final product looks to be pretty rubbish. And why not have him as big as Prime and Megatron? Makes no sense. Just to justify ther Masterpiece figure I guess.

Maybe we'll get an SS Alternator :/

Now this is Starscream:

Last edited by Rosalie; 2006-08-13 at 01:40 AM.
Rosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 03:20 AM   #29
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Does this trailer transform? If not, there are third-party trailers available anyway.

edit: Apparently so, judging by the pics... but most people will display it as a whole, surely?
I picked up a JustToys trailer for my Optimus last winter, and I think it's more than enough to have a trailer to go with the truck without having it transfrom into a base in addtion to that.

Basically, I wanted the trailer to make the truck look proper and have a nice, indentifiable piece of Transformers nostalgia that could double as a place to keep all the loose parts that various figures have.

It's certainly much nicer than the plastic baggie that I kept all the missiles and guns in before, and there's the benefit of having a complete truck mode.

It really is quite handy to have what's essentially a storage container do exactly that.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 05:50 AM   #30
Boss281

First post. Enevitable Thundercracker repaint.

Boss281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 06:04 AM   #31
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

Now that is Gangsta....

Old 2006-08-13, 10:54 AM   #32
ColdBain
Powermaster

New Zealand
Smile

That looks better than the Starscream, maybe if the blue was so 'strong', a little more baby blue, to a faded colour, we'd have perfection.

Old 2006-08-13, 04:03 PM   #33
Rosalie

What about my Starscream fix up?

:/ that's how he should look.

Rosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 04:07 PM   #34
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

the red is better than the pink

Old 2006-08-13, 05:27 PM   #35
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

I read somewhere that Roller WILL be included...in the STARS collector's club exclusive, just like the 'anime' colored SS!

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 10:23 PM   #36
ColdBain
Powermaster

New Zealand
Angry Oh man!

This has got to stop! Someone's gonna buy heaps of the anime coloured Starscream, put them on Ebay and Trade Me for a ridiculous amount, and I'll be tempted to buy a toy that would most likely otherwise be $200 cheaper without the paint job it should have had in the first place. If they wanted to make him as much like an F-15 Fighter Jet then the only way they're really going to fool people is by making one the size of an F-15 Fighter Jet, it's just a toy in the end. A toy's a toy.

Old 2006-08-15, 09:14 PM   #37
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

I would love the 'real' colours, of course, but Starscream looks so all growed up... Aaahhhh!

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 05:25 AM   #38
jon

Let me guess: we do not at this time have any word as to whether or not this better-than-I-could've imagined mold will have a US release.

Last edited by jon; 2006-08-21 at 05:29 AM.
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 05:46 AM   #39
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Actually, I think Hasbro confirmed they had no plans to import. Their import of Masterpiece Prime is already more of a publicity tool than a great money-spinner.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 07:38 AM   #40
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Actually, I think Hasbro confirmed they had no plans to import.
No plans for the time being.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote