[New RPG] Characters you've considered picking up...

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Blackjack

Characters you've considered picking up...

Post by Blackjack »

...for the new RPG.

I made a thread like this for the old RPG, I know. This one's for the new one. Just like the title says, characters that you've considered picking up for the new RPG, but you didn't because you chose someone else. Because I was a bit bored, is why. Now, for me:

Keep in mind, every single one of these choices was surpassed, somehow by the (albeit now-dropped) Warpath. Because I was insane, that's why.

-Shrapnel was in my original post in the roll call. Out of the batch I had in the old RPG, Shrapnel was one of my favourites (even though I don't think he had any character development whatsoever other than becoming a wee bit more competent) and I thought of bringing him into the new one as well. However, a little reconsideration and I thought I had done all I could with Shrapnel in the old one. For now, at least.

-Laserbeak is another one I very nearly picked up in the new RPG, but again I think I grew a little bored with him. Still, with the excellently creepy portrayal in the DOTM movie, I might be tempted to pick up Laserbeak to act as a foil to Warcry's Soundwave once we got to Earth.

-Ratchet. Oh, yes. Ratchet. Easily the most interesting character in the Marvel comics, IDW Furmanverse comics and the Prime cartoon, but somehow I did not pick him. I've considered him multiple times, and once I got rid of Warpath to play Ratchet... Ulcrain's claimed him.

-Ratbat, Thunderwing and a bunch of other leader-types I can't put a name to now have cropped up while choosing my eighth character. But Warcry suggested me playing something completely random such as having Grimlock stay in his Alternators body, and I went with it. In retrospect I regretted picking Grimlock somewhat, it's so hard to play dumb Grimlock and smart Grimlock at the same time.

-Slog. Awesome Decepticon combat artist, Slog is. Pain in the ass, to write like this, however. Not picked, therefore. Finally in old RPG played, Slog was. For a moment, to have all six slots filled with Pretender Monsters, prepared was Blackjack.

-Thundercracker. As a comedy duo partner for Skywarp, and to develop all his slightly-doubtful characterisation and shit. But since I saw that Chip1123 was playing Thrust, and Warcry was playing Lugnut, I decided Skywarp would bug them instead.

-Spittor, for comic relief. But with Skywarp already in my roster...

-Dinobot, Waspinator, Inferno and Quickstrike. I didn't think any of them would work in a non-Earth environment, but Springer85 made an awesomesauce Tarantulas. Still, I haz planz to pick up Inferno and have a brand-new spin on another Beast-era character.

-A bunch of Mini-Cons have crossed my mind, but none came to fruition.

-Blackout. The movieverse one, obviously, but with Lugnut running around I think it's redundant to have two loyal thugs with explosive powers.

-Trypticon and Tidal Wave had both came to mind. But with Sixshot and Scorponok already under my belt, well...

-Electro is someone totally random whose name and design I liked for no particular reason and I nearly picked for because of that.

-Fortress Maximus as a business rival to Scorponok. In retrospect I'm glad I didn't take him, Brave Maximus did so much of a better job making his background alone, while all I had planned for him basically amounts to him bitch-slapping Sentinel for sending troops against Sixshot.

-Whirl. Another old RPG import, which, again, I think would be retreading old ground.

-Pyro, Rotorstorm, Snare and Overlord have all come to mind after reading LSOTW. Overlord has that 'come on, Blackjack, you already have Sixshot, control yourself!' vibe, while the others just seem to be too much work at that time.

-Vector Prime. Thankfully I ended up with the Fallen, who is on fire and thus is five times more awesome.

-Also, in the human department, I almost picked up Astoria Carlton-Ritz, for no particular reason other than to provide a bitchy funding-type person for Sector Seven. I mean, we don't even have Powerglide or anything...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Playing smart Grimlock pretending to be dumb Grimlock isn't so hard. Just act impulsively, smash a few things, and talk like Captain Caveman.

Grimlock; "Me actually cunning stooper-genius."

Bad grammer helps.

Grimlock: "What grammer? Me not human, not have grammer."

And a few bad jokes.......

If there'd been any way to concievably do it without getting myself lynched, figuratively if not literally, I'd have tried to come up with a way to run all the Pretender Monsters. Unfortunately, they'd wind up like the group in Victory.......

Windcharger would be fun, but I'm not sure what I'd do with him.

Breastforce. But the gimmick wouldn't work.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Swoop - The Dinobot "kid brother." I almost chose him instead of Sludge. He's kind and cheerful disguised by a hideous form. I couldn't think of what to do with him. I briefly considered Slag and Snarl too, but finally decided on Sludge, the gentle, none-too-bright giant.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack wrote:Blackout. The movieverse one, obviously, but with Lugnut running around I think it's redundant to have two loyal thugs with explosive powers.
I came pretty close to using both of them, myself. In fact, I strongly considered Ravage and (before we decided to hold him back until Galvatron is created) Cyclonus as well. Then Megatron would have the ultra-loyal army that he'd always wanted.

I've also thought about Bluestreak, because his back-story is especially interesting and no one (as far as I know) has ever actually written it, just dealt with it after the fact once he's already an Autobot.

I also considered playing Breacher, and even got far enough to write a profile for him. He would have been an ex-gladiator who idolized Megatron, but defected to the Autobots when his hero sold out and started working with people like Straxus, Scorponok and Ratbat.

I actually had Silverbolt claimed at one point, but wound up swapping in Omega Supreme instead before I ever posted with him. Jetfire as well, but without a Starscream there just wasn't any way to play out the ideas I had for Jetfire so I let him go too.

Trypticon's another that I looked at, but not for any reason other than that he's a giant dinosaur.

Alternity Dai Atlas is sort of tempting too, although I think that's mostly because of how weird it is to see Dai Atlas turn into a car. It ranks right up there with Alternator Grimlock and Shockwave.
Heinrad wrote:If there'd been any way to concievably do it without getting myself lynched, figuratively if not literally, I'd have tried to come up with a way to run all the Pretender Monsters. Unfortunately, they'd wind up like the group in Victory.......
Wouldn't it be easier in that case to just take Dinoforce to start with?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Heinrad wrote:Playing smart Grimlock pretending to be dumb Grimlock isn't so hard. Just act impulsively, smash a few things, and talk like Captain Caveman.
Mmm, not showing how Grimlock thinks works too, after rereading some of your Grimlock posts. Speech more important than thoughts, eh?
If there'd been any way to concievably do it without getting myself lynched, figuratively if not literally, I'd have tried to come up with a way to run all the Pretender Monsters. Unfortunately, they'd wind up like the group in Victory.......
But, but... Slog! You'll turn him into Rairyu or something :(
Breastforce. But the gimmick wouldn't work.
Oh, bollocks. You'd made them work once, you can make them work again. The gimmick would work, it's finding an explanation for them calling themselves 'Breastforce' that's difficult.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

True. Grimlock's not going to stand there and think through the different things/potential outcomes, he just picks a course of action and does it. While that, and his size and power, make for a great battlefield commander, it would also make him a terrible faction leader. Of course, I also tried to base him on Furman's Grimlock as much as I could.

As for the Dino Assault Squad, the only thing I'd really have to go by for characterization is the Malay dub of Victory, and Icepick and Slog are the only ones who really got any airtime. And they'd need their shells, too. Although Icepick could ride Slog into battle, I guess........

I based Breastforce on the Victory versions as well. They're actually fairly competant in the show, coming up with and executing successful plans to gain energy, even if they lost fighting the Cybertrons. They just fell afoul of the Japanese comedy bad guy concept. And the team name doesn't help. There's also the fact that, until such time as a combiner team can be registered as one character under the combiner name, Breastforce would have been my whole roster.

After we've been going for a while, maybe I will bring them in...... if I can figure out how.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Sedan and Carrera, Volks' mexican minibot pals, are still on my list as characters to play with. I like these characters that are pretty much unknown. I'll probably end up picking them up in the future anyway, but I didn't want to start out with three characters that are a bit of a blank slate. :)

Punch is a character that I picked too, but the story in the Kaon thread evolved at such a rapid speed that my plans for the character had to be axed. :lol:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Shine

Post by Shine »

Punch, Inferno, Repugnus, Getaway, Armada Blurr, the Air Patrol team, the Aerialbots, Overkill, Bomb-Burst, Hellbat, Razorclaw (when Springer dropped him), Shrapnel, Chop Shop, and a few others I can't seem to remember at this point.

EDIT: :0 The Air Defense Mini-Con Team. How could I forget about them?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I am seriously considering playing Sky High, but decided I can't be bothered with cooking up some meta-referential imagination world in every post. So instead he appears in the old RPG instead.

Also, I've really toyed with playing a Mini-Con many times in the past, but with the lack of anyone to interact with it got scrapped. No idea which Mini-Con I'd play... probably Cybertron Drill Bit, because I own his toy and that instantly raises the value his character has in my head. Or, well, Leader-One. Or Astroscope. Or one of the Linkage guys... Kingbolt might be fun, but I don't think I can keep up with the 'thou art' accent.

Another one I've been itching to play is Night Viper of Beast Machines fame, another obscure guy... because his toy is so weird and badass-looking.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Armada Demolisher was a guy that came to mind when i was picking people, but his incompetence would probably not be tolerated by the rest of the cons, though playing his yodeling energon incarnation would probably be fun.

Skids/Mudflap I Seriously considered doing one of these two just to really grind someones gears, as i would really not be able to play seriously with those two in my roster.

Hightower I still really wanna play HT but it's hard for me to have two maniacal characters since I already have Thunderwing in my line up.

Wreck Gar was also a possibility that I've always wanted to explore, but the damn near indestructibility would be outweighed by always having to talk in TV lines and such.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2