[Prime] SE03EP07 Plus One

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Skyquake87
Protoform

[Prime] SE03EP07 Plus One

Post by Skyquake87 »

Nice show piece for Knock Out, with some fun lines of dialogue, notably Knock Out's disgust at how "fleshies interface" Elsewhere, Wheeljack gets over himself and Megatron proves he is an idiot by destroying Dreadwing and leaving the increasingly useless and accident prone Starscream to roam around where he continues to get into scrapes with the ...sigh...the Predacon. Whom i'm now going to start calling Predaking else this will annoy me. Nice bit of foreshadowing with the creature not being as brainless as one might think.The Insecticon drones also show up and I have decided they sound like whinnying horses. They all die. As do a bunch of Jet Vehicons whom just appear to be standing around in a circle when Arcee and Wheeljack show up. Perhaps they were doing a ring o'roses or something. Questy nonsense continues for the third season in a row. What is it with Americans and quests? Can't there be something more imaginative in fiction than a quest? I wouldn't mind, but TF Prime's quests have all come to naught. It's like adult toy collectors. "Ooh we've quested far and wide for these objects of unimaginable power." "What shall we do with them?" "Dunno, let's put 'em in a room where we'll never touch them again." "Well, what was the point of that then?" "I just like having these things to look at." "Don't you want to touch them?" "You can't do that! They're precious! God you're weird." "No you're weird."
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Knock Out was pretty great this episode. Between his taunting the humans, the interface thing, and the "too familiar?" bit, this was the most fun I've had watching TF:Prime in a while.

You're right about the quests. It wasn't so bad in the previous seasons, since it at least gave the individual epsiodes some suspense. Sure, the sides'll be evenly matched eventually, but the object they're looking for now could go to the Autobots, Decepticons, a rogue bot, or be destroyed. Since the plot's now about the Decepticons cloning Predacons, it looks like they'll be winning most of this round.

Part of the problem seems to be this Megatron's lack of an overall goal. For all the ridiculousness of the G1 cartoon, that Megatron had the clear and consistent goal of conquering Earth's energy resources to win the war. Animated Megatron wanted to overthrow a corrupt Autobot regime. Live action movie Megs wanted the All-Spark to build a new army.

This one just seems to be screwing around. First, he wants to revive Unicron. Then, he's all Terrance and Philip, "Let's look for treasah!" Now he wants to clone monsters. It wasn't until this final stretch that he even showed any interest in conquering Earth.

I guess he wants to rule the Cybertronian race, but he pretty much already does. He's got dozens, maybe hundreds, of vehicons and insecticons who follow him. There's about 8 Autobots who don't, plus Starscream and maybe Airachnid. He could space bridge just about anywhere, rule that planet/solar system and the 'bots would never find him. If he's really paranoid, he could take out Ultra Magnus' ship so he can't be followed.

Maybe that's the point, that we're watching a guy who has almost everything lose it due to his own pettiness. It fits in with his trying to screw Earth with the Omega Lock before fixing Cybertron. It'd be a decent tragic plot if the guy it was happening to was more interesting.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Tantrum wrote:Maybe that's the point, that we're watching a guy who has almost everything lose it due to his own pettiness. It fits in with his trying to screw Earth with the Omega Lock before fixing Cybertron. It'd be a decent tragic plot if the guy it was happening to was more interesting.
I'd like to think that, but I don't think the writers on Prime have been smart enough to show us what Megatron's desires and goals are. Like you say, he's been everywhere and done everything. The war is won. Is he bored? What? Just what is he doing? Why does he think a bunch of feral beasts are going to be any better at crushing the Autobots? come to think of it, with the legions at his disposal...whay isn't he doing this anyway?! It all makes no sense. Except to sell toys, obviously.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Yeah, there was discussion of Megatron's lack of clear plans and ambition even in S2.

When he's not dealing with infighting, or fighting the Autobots...he's pretty much doing nothing. No matter what he adds to his army, he still loses.

I mean, the guy has thousands of Vehicons, a hive of Insecticons [who, in their first appearance, looked to be an unstoppable force], a Predacon, a spaceship and a fortress, and still lost to a rogue band of 7 Autobots.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.