[JTF] Question about the Japanese continuation, Headmasters and Beyond!! Help me please!!!!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
cocorubs
Protoform

Question about the Japanese continuation, Headmasters and Beyond!! Help me please!!!!

Post by cocorubs »

I live in the U.S., so I would need the region type of DVD that the U.S. uses for all DVD players, I guess it's region 1. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Once I get Season 3 Pt. 2/Season 4 on DVD, that completes the G1 Series, however, I found out that Japan continued the series.

I believe Headmasters is the next G1 continuation for the G1 Transformer Cartoons.

Where can I find the Japanese Headmasters G1 Tranformers Cartoon Series on DVD, the DVD must be in the Region 1 or whatever Region the U.S. has for DVD players, and the DVD Series must be in English!

Can anyone tell me where I can find this series? I don't want the Season 3 Pt.2/Season 4 Transformers G1 TV Series to End when I finish watching that DVD, and I hear that there were 3 more Series that continued the G1 Transformer Series, but they were released in Japan and not the U.S.

Remember:

The DVD Headmaster Series Must be in the Region that the U.S. DVD players take, I think Region 1, correct me on this if it's not.

The DVD must be in English

And the Headmaster Series must be on DVD

Thanks for any help or websites where I can get this. I can't get this on Japanese websites, because how in the world can I pay using a credit card in Japanese if I can't read Japanese? There must be an american website that sells this series.

After Headmasters, they had 2 other series that continued the Original G1 Transformers Series called Masterforce and Victory. If you can help me find Headmasters and then if you can, help me find the other 2 series.

Thank you for all the help. I know this takes time to explain this to me. Oh, and I just checked out, I am using a Region 1 DVD player which is U.S. and Canada!

thanks for any help.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

In short, you can´t. Those series haven´t been released in US or any other Region 1 country.

What is released in English (quite horrible dub) is 6 episodes on a UK (R2) DVD.

The series is released on DVD in Japan, I think.

Second check
Japanese-only series forum where this will be transfered sooner or later.

Edit: I knew that I had replied a similar question not long time ago.
here
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

And, as a side note, Headmasters was a continuation from Season 3, not 4. Rebirth was ignored in Japan.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by cocorubs
There must be an american website that sells this series.
Why must there?

Takara has pretty much complete creative control over its domestic market. It therefore isn't in its interests to produce Transformers products primarily in English. Were they to produce in English, not only would their costs raise for a translated Japanese version (remember, the market is kids, who generally aren't proficiently bilingual at age eight) but Hasbro would view this as direct competition in its market. Put simply, everyone outside the US would import from Japan rather than the US. The current agreement between Takara and Hasbro suits both of them.

There are the Star TV dubs (produced for a English-speaking expatriates in Hong Kong originally, I think) and a few fan subtitled episodes doing the rounds. Mostly, unless you speak Japanese or read up on the subject on the websites of people who do, it's just eye candy.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

There was a Takara-released Laserdisc set of Headmasters, that you should be able to play on most DVD players.

Quite how common (and therefore expensvie) the set is in this day and age is something I have no idea on, though.
Hound

Post by Hound »

*Moved*
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Brendocon
There was a Takara-released Laserdisc set of Headmasters, that you should be able to play on most DVD players.

Quite how common (and therefore expensvie) the set is in this day and age is something I have no idea on, though.

That would be the UK Takara DVD and is only capable of being played in Region 2 players.

Go onto ebay. You can find DVD and VCD bootlegs of the Star TV dub on there all the time. They're cheap, but I can't tell you the quality (mine's VHS).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
That would be the UK Takara DVD and is only capable of being played in Region 2 players.

Nah, there was an 1980s LD release too... there was one on ebay UK a long, long time ago...
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Nah, there was an 1980s LD release too... there was one on ebay UK a long, long time ago...

Appologies, I somehow missed the word "laserdisc" in Brendocon's post.

Aren't I the fool...
Strafe

1AM humor is the best kind of humor.

Post by Strafe »

Originally posted by Denyer
Why must there?.

:D

Man, I love you Denyer.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I've got bootleg copies of the Star TV dubs off E-bay, the quality on Headmasters seems to be the best (It's the only one without the Star TV logo in the corner) and even then it;s variable. But as long as you go into it with your eyes open and accept it'll be like watching an old ex rental video thers a lot of fun to be had (you've not lived till you've seen Hardhead sing Kareoke). Theres also a seemingly genuine subtitled DVD of Scranble City and Zone which usualy goes for a fiver on E-bay, the picture qualities good, but the talking rabbit is the most annoying Transformers charecter EVER, even more than Wheelie :sick:
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
the talking rabbit is the most annoying Transformers charecter EVER, even more than Wheelie :sick:

You mean Emusa? Emusa's tied with watching Dai Atlas skating as the #1 reason to watch Zone!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Actualy I take it back, I posted that before I started to watch Masterforce, the kids in that have are clearly the template for the Armada kids (the Kewl one, the sensible girl and the racial stereotype) only with the annoyance factor turned up to 11. They make Emusa, Wheelie, Daniel and Chip look like the greatest charecters ever. It's the first time I've ever been greatful for the Star TV dub, as thinking of a tribal prince being called Hosehead is far funier than any of the intentional hummor.

Sorry if that sounded a bit of a rant but the kids are the main reason I'm finding Masterforce harder going than Headmasters, so far the highlight has been the Decepticons killing a dog, oh the humanity... :laugh:
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!