Transmetal dinobot vs.dinobot

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
starlord
Protoform

Transmetal dinobot vs.dinobot

Post by starlord »

Who is better?Who would win if they fought? Couldn''t it have been possible for there to have transmetal Dinobot and Dinobot together?They could existed together in the beast wars since they had different bodies and different sparks(souls).
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Yes, they could have both existed at the same time if Dinobot wasn't killed, if I remember correctly. Who would have won if they fought one another? Whoever the writers wanted to win. Bit like professional wrestling that way.
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

I think it's possible that they could have both existed. The Transmetal dinobot's spark was actually half of Rampages mutated spark. As for who would win, The Transmetal would have the advantage, but the original I think was a bit smarter. In the end I think it's a coin toss.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Alligatorcon
Protoform

Post by Alligatorcon »

Transmetal dinobot would get his behind kicked, he's a lousy Mcdonald's toy! ;)

http://www.tfu.info/1998/Maximal/Dinobot/dinobot.htm

However, if it was Transmetal 2 Dinobot, he would surely trash the old Dinobot, simply because the transmetal 2's were even superior to the original transmetals.

If they can exist at the same time? Sure, there have been two Dinobots before, so why not?
Ba weep granna weep ninny bang, it's a universal greeting-Illidan Stormrage
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Its been a while since I've seen season 3... but wasn't there an episode where TM2 Dinobot started reliving memories from the original Dinobot? Or has it just been way too long and I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Alligatorcon
Protoform

Post by Alligatorcon »

I think he did have some flashback, and he flickered between his old body and the transmetal body.
Ba weep granna weep ninny bang, it's a universal greeting-Illidan Stormrage
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Blitzwing wrote:Its been a while since I've seen season 3... but wasn't there an episode where TM2 Dinobot started reliving memories from the original Dinobot? Or has it just been way too long and I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Nemesis Part 2 featured Dinobot II having flashbacks to the original Dinobot's death, after Rampage died.

That's pretty much the extent of it, though. Obviously there's the whole "Dark Glass" thing, but seeing as that was never made it's not proper canon.

Dark Glass would have been a far more worthwhile IDW venture than The Gathering or The Ascending. Single stories slotted into the existing timeline, fleshing things out. But nooo... instead we get an excuse to cram in every non-show toy ever. Ahem. Sorry. Habit.

Incidentally, Alligatorcon wins this thread for the McDonalds thing.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Halfshell wrote:Nemesis Part 2 featured Dinobot II having flashbacks to the original Dinobot's death, after Rampage died.
Ok, so then was there any part of Dinobot's spark that was merged with Rampage's to make TM2 Dinobot? Or was that scene just completely random because all the fans missed original Dinobot?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Blitzwing wrote:Ok, so then was there any part of Dinobot's spark that was merged with Rampage's to make TM2 Dinobot? Or was that scene just completely random because all the fans missed original Dinobot?
Dinobot II was made using a blank protoform, half of Rampage's spark, and some of the original Dinobot's "DNA" (which Megatron had previously used to make a non-transforming clone in season 1, and also the cyber-raptors earlier in season 3).

Part of Dark Glass (which, as said, was never actually made) had Rattrap upload Dinobot's personality into the TM2 version... but that's off the download the original DB made prior to his death.

The most common "complete stretch for a plausible explanation" theory is that when Rampage died, his spark merged with the Matrix, allowing a connection to the original Dinobot. Or something. Maybe that Dinobot II suddenly acquired a complete spark and wasn't tainted by Rampage, so his nobility took over or whatever.

Basically, there's no sensible explanation beyond metaphysical claptrap for why Dinobot II would have a memory of the original's death.
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

We all seen what Dinobot can do. TM Dinobot only had a few shining moments.