[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Ch3. Decepticon Battle Scars

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger stood watching the view of the horizon from a window.

He watched as the Seacons merged into Piranacon and began wiping out targets on the shooting range.

"Heh, at least some of our men still remember how to use a gun." He muttered.
Quick Switch

Sorry to all. Real life is, how you say, inconvenient.

Post by Quick Switch »

Astrotrain stirred-

I don’t precisely recall leaving my office. Funny how that is!

The strategy session had been brutal, and hadn’t quite yet sapped the Admiral-Administrator’s lethargy. In all honesty, the past defeats and numbing sense of failure had been palpable.

“Come along Star Blade, I would like for you to accompany the jets on our little jaunt, my dear,” he said after a pause. Astrotrain gestured as he walked from his office to the command center, a short time away. “While I’m just beginning to sift through my logistical data, it appears the Autobots haven’t been laying down to rust. No, on the contrary- mounting search operations here, public relations campaigns there- damned inconvenient. What I intend to do is construct a strike force to harass and disrupt-“

A Metrodrone appeared, holding a data pad. Astrotrain stopped in the hallway, oblivious to the following warriors for a time. Metrotitan’s tracking systems were most, most acute. And he had recognized this signature.

Can it be? Has he returned? Am I freed from dealing with the rabble for a time?

“Gentlebots and femme,” Astrotrain laughed in his echoing, harsh way, “our fortunes have suitably increased. Where were we?” He turned, addressing the warriors. “Of course. A mission to let the Autobots know the Empire has not given up all hope.”

With that, he turned and clanked off to the command center.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ramjet continued to follow Astrotrain, though much of his processor time was currently being devoted to trying to puzzle out what exactly had been on the datapad the Metrodrone had brought.

He did, however, manage to interrupt his thoughts long enough to send a venomous glare towards StarBlade.

A-Train better not expect me to work with that slagheap femme...
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Thrust also followed Astrotrain. He was mainly thinking about the possible upcoming action against the Autobots, but he did take note of how the datapad was catching Astrotrain's attention, and wonder what it was about.

He also took note of the obvious dislike that Ramjet had for StarBlade. If we'll have to work together, I hope they won't kill each other and forget about killing Autobots...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Command Deck, Trypticon:

Leozak: -smiles- "Conflict and conquest..... These are the true Decepticon ideals. What do you think of the way things are being handled now? Should we be out fighting, taking territory in the name of the Decepticons, or stay here in Carbombya?"
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade blinked, and followed Astrotrain, Ramjet, and a similar Conehead. Before she could say a word, however, Astrotrain began mentioning a mission.

"Come along Star Blade, I would like for you to accompany the jets on our little jaunt, my dear. While I’m just beginning to sift through my logistical data, it appears the Autobots haven’t been laying down to rust. No, on the contrary- mounting search operations here, public relations campaigns there- damned inconvenient. What I intend to do is construct a strike force to harass and disrupt-"

When Astrotrain paused to read the datapad, the femme assassin caught Ramjet's glare, and sighed. Before she could say anything, Astrotrain turned and headed off for the command center. She followed after him, but decided to speak to Ramjet as they walked.

"Look, Ramjet, I know you don't like me, but we are Decepticons, and technically brothers in arms. Therefore, we need to put that dislike aside, and learn to work together. Since I'm pretty sure your dislike of me stems from my.... proffesion, I would like to assure you that in all of my time as an assassin, I have never once been disloyal to our Leader, nor have I ever acted in a traitorous manner." She spoke plainly, hoping to get her point across. "While I may fail to kill a target on a rare occasion, I still continue on, and try to make bloody sure to never let it happen again. It wasn't my fault that Magnus moved, after all."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Arcee, don't forget to kill the sig...)

Ramjet roughly grabbed StarBlade's elbow and pulled her close enough that he could talk to her without Astrotrain overhearing.

"I 'dislike' ya because you're an assassin," he whispered. "I'm a bodyguard, 'member? Why the slag would I want an assassin hangin' around the guy I'm tryin' ta guard?"

His optics darkened. "And don't think I'm forgettin' how ya needed me and Spinister to come pull your chassis outta the fire after ya mucked up the Magnus job, either. I'm not plannin' ta make a habit of that. If we're gonna work together, you're gonna have to show me that you're good enough ta be worth the risk of keepin' around, otherwise it might not be the Autobots that slag ya. Understand?"
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

StarBlade blinked as she was grabbed and pulled towards Ramjet. She listened to him, understanding where he was coming from. When he was finished, she spoke in a low tone so only he could hear her.

"Look, I'll be the first to admit that I made a mistake during that mission, and I am grateful that you and Spinister were able to cover my butt. I've never had that happen before, and I don't plan on it happening again." Her own optics darkened as she responded to the first statement. "And I don't kill my own. I was designed specifically to take out Autobots. The only Decepticon I ever wanted to kill was Starscream for all his attempts on Megatron's exsistance. I was ordered not to, that Megatron would deal with him on his own. And those orders I followed. I never went after Starscream." StarBlade frowned at the threat.

"Look, Ramjet, I'm not used to working in any sort of team. Assassins work alone, its safer that way. But I'm good at adapting to new things. That's why Megatron didn't slag me when he got the chance. I'll do what I can to prove that I'm not useless, though why I need to prove myself to anyone other than our Leader(s?) I'll never know. But, I will show you that I'm worth the risk."
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Thrust kept out of Ramjet's and StarBlade's exchange, but kept a wary optic on them, just in case they'd start and try to rip each other's fuel lines out.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ramjet's mouth curled into a small smile.

"You do that," he told StarBlade. "But keep in mind that I'll be keepin' my optics on ya. Can't afford not to, after all. I'm sure ya understand." The conehead released his grip on her arm and fell back a step behind her. Then he shot Thrust a self-satisfied grin, as if to say don't worry, everything's under control.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Thrust gave Ramjet a brief proud grin back, satisfied with how his fellow Conehead had handled the situation.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

StarBlade nodded once, showing that she not only understood, she accepted the fact that the Conehead would be keeping an optic on her.

Once released, she quickly fell back into line behind Astrotrain.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

StarBlade nodded once, showing that she not only understood, she accepted the fact that the Conehead would be keeping an optic on her.

Once released, she quickly fell back into line behind Astrotrain.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Trypticon command deck

"To be quite honest with you Leozak "Ice pick replied
"I don't care what we do normally as long as it is what we are ordered to do by our leader.... However the way things stand, something is gonna get wrecked and I'd as soon it be the autobots or quints. Take that as you will."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Command Deck, Trypticon:

Leozak: -smiles- "That's the answer I want to hear, Icepick. Welcome to the crew. Bring the rest of your team aboard, and we can begin planning."
Reflector

Carbombyan Waters...

Post by Reflector »

"Sir...?"

It had been an ordinary day aboard the Carbombyan gunboat Ziad. The captain stood on the bow deck, hands clasped behind his back, his gray beard fluttering in the wind as the ship traversed the Carbombyan coast. Captain Badar was an aging man with a youthful spirit, a genuine patriot and lover of the ocean. The sky was clear, the air warm (too warm, in fact, but he could not tolerate such a day in the cabin), the smell of saltwater pervasive. It took several calls from his first mate to stir Badar from his thoughts.

"Sir, we have an incoming craft from the west. It's moving faster than any ship can, and it's on collision course."

Badar turned slowly to look off the starboard side of the vessel. A cloud of vapor emerging from the sea could be seen encroaching on the horizon, and the faint wail of engines was audible. He narrowed his eyes.

"How much time?"

The mate lifted a radio and muttered into it. Some seconds later, a reply came, and he relayed.

"Three minutes, captain. Its course is steady."

Badar nodded slowly and sighed a heavy sigh. His words flowed viscously and with measured calm.

"Order the men to call for a rescue vehicle and get off the ship at once. Life jackets only, no time for the life boats."

The mate waited for more orders, contemplating whether he should ask the captain what he would be doing. Badar's stolid visage was answer enough. The mate saluted and ran off, yelling orders into his radio. Badar watched quietly as the vehicle finally came into view: a low black speedboat of some indistinct design. The loud metallic chunking of shots fired from the 40 mm cannon at the aft brought a smile to Badar's face, as did the splashing of men diving into the sea. He looked up to the sun one more time and whispered something in Arabic as the ship was shredded in half by its unerring enemy.

"Goodness!" Gigatron sputtered. "That was a rather large one, wasn't it?"

He switched his attention from his rear scanners, watching the Ziad explode, to his front. The mainland approached rapidly, and Gigatron soon found himself treading sand in the reef. He rearranged his extremities to form his racer mode, and began chugging off for the city. So close...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Command Deck, Trypticon

Spinister had completed his work on the navigation systems long ago, but he hadn't moved from the console. Instead, he was silently observing the dialog between Leozak and Icepick.

All is proceeding as planned, he mused. Excellent.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

"If I did not want you to enter, I would have closed the door. So please, enter." ordered Shockwave.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Trypticon command deck
Icepick nodded and opened a comm line
"Everyone grab what you need and head over to Trypticon... Could be some action comming up. Icepick out."

then he looked to Leozak "anything you need to tell me before they get here? "
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

The four Decepticons standing outside Shockwave's office entered the room.

"So..." Runamuck asked. "What do you got planned, Shocky?"