[New RPG] World at War: The Siege of Iacon

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

South-East Border

Springer was trying to dodge the incoming fire from the Vehicons that were attacking him. It took him some effort and some shots landed on his exterior, though the damage dealt was only minor and so he returned fire to see if the Vehicons were as durable as he is.

"You know, the Autobots may have their flaws," Springer replied to Obsidian," but when I see a small group risk their lives to save their friend against all odds I can't help to be inspired. That's a kind of group I would want to be a part off."

The Senate

Thundercracker got up to his feet and wiped the oil leaking from his mouth with the back of his hand as he smirked. "I'm a Seeker. Seekers never surrender," he replied as he dodged the incoming fire and returned some in kind.

"You're going to beat me into a pulp, yet you fire rounds at me," Thundercracker said to Thunderwrath. "You must've been the last one in the assembly line when they were handing out the logic circuits."

Ultra Magnus arrived and saw Thunderwrath and Thundercracker battling it out. Much to his surprise has saw that Thundercracker was still functioning although a bit damaged. "Decepticon!" he shouted. "The chance for you and your colleagues to surrender has passed and I will see to it that you will be brought to justice."

Thundercracker looked over his shoulder to where Ultra Magnus' voice was coming from while he ducked away behind a desk. Magnus packed more of a punch than he had expected. No doubt the Elite Guard commander outclassed him in every way. Still, Thundercracker had an ace up his sleeve. He could create a sonic boom that could level the building, but that would mean he would go down with it. Not a sacrifice he was willing to make. Yet.

Iacon Streets

"Oh great..." Kup said to no one in particular as Ramjet was flying straight at him, probably to impale him on his cone. "I'm going to regret this in the morning..." he said as he ducked at the very last klik and grabbed on to the Decepticon's cockpit and got dragged along at high velocity, almost getting his arm pulled off.

Thundertron had managed to get himself out from under the rubble that he was stuck under. His foot was crushed, but could still support himself on the peg that was left. He looked around. He could see a lot of fighting in the distance. Not too far from his position so decided to try and move away from that as quick as a mech could with only one foot to stand on.

South East Border

Jazz got back up to his feet and looked around through his cracked visor. Prowl was hurt bad, but seemed to handle himself well and Scorponok seemingly surrendered. With Prowl occupied with keeping himself functioning, would that mean that he was the highest in command right now? He hoped not. It's a position he hated, but acted upon it if suck would be required of him.

"Terabot," Jazz said to the mech as he took a few steps forward, "keep your distance from him. Who knows what tricks he'll pull to try to gain an upper hand."

War Academy

Tarantulas charged at the gates and laughed hysterically. "Next move has already been made!" he shouted to Predacon as he managed to slip through the gap between the doors and quickly transformed to robot mode. "Spyders! Go boom!" he shouted as his little mechs started to explode on his command, taking out the sentries that were posted close to the gate.

The doors to the War Academy opened and Tarantulas made a bow. "Welcome good, sir. May I take your coat," he chuckled as he invited Predacon and the other Vehicons continue the attack on the War Academy.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

South East Border

"Keep telling yourself that," Terabolt answered Scorponok, the tone of someone speaking to a rambling idiot. She withdrew her claws from his armor and started to get off of him by walking forward, insuring that two of her paws found his face before she was done, before starting to pace Jazz's direction.

"Don't worry about him. Unless he can suddenly resprout his limbs, he's not going or doing anything." She moved past Jazz, coming up beside Prowl's prone form. "We have more important matters."

((ooc: Who should Yoketron and Orion run into? Not sure where to go with them))
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Iacon Streets

"Hey! No fair!" Ramjet corkscrewed through the sky as Kup dangled off of him, the Autobot's weight totally throwing off the jet's mass distribution. His underbelly slammed into the ground and he skidded for a few moments before bouncing off, taking to the skies again...just in time to smash into a storefront.

"Ow."

War Academy

"Coat? What do I look like, a mech of leisure?" Predacon scoffed. "But enough fun and games, Tarantulas. Now that we're in here, I plan to make a mess of things. Lets find something valuable and smash it!"

(OOC: Yoketron can say hello to these guys I guess. Just, uh, try not to kill them, okay? :) )
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies, South-Eastern Border

"The Autobots erected a class-seven forcefield and dispatched drone tanks cannibalized from Omega Sentinels in an attempt to halt our progress. In the city, the Elite Guard has been dispatched, L- Megatron." Obsidian replied to his leader almost instantaneously, not even bothering to question the leader's disappearance. "In other words, nothing we cannot deal with. Everything is proceeding as per schedule. Far more efficient, in fact -- the troops that were airdropped are performing far more admirably than my expectations."

Pause.

"Of note, Starscream's squad has assaulted the Senate building and is engaging the leader of the Guard, Magnus. His disappearance was unforseen but not much of a problem. The Autobots' own key pieces are starting to come out. Scorponok has been taken out, but has in turn taken out Prowl, one of the two linchpins of the Autobots' planning party. Your bodyguard, Lugnut -- was reported to have felled the treacherous Grimlock, himself a relatively major threat."

Pause.

"Sixshot has engaged the lowly Autobot knockoff, seems to have lost him in the fight and is in the process of wanton destruction. The Southwestern assault is practically uninterrupted."

He then turned around to regard Springer. "All these Vehicons are swarming around to protect me. What does that make the Decepticons, then, Springer?" He sighed. "The scientists request your capture, but since one of them has gotten himself defeated down there and the others have gone off-comm, I give you one last chance to leave this conflict peacefully."

South East Border

Scorponok made a pissed-off, barely-coherent growl at Terabolt's comment, but made no move.

Prowl looked up as a shadow was cast over him, with dread, but managed to breathe a sigh (or a choke, as it were) of relief as he recognized Terabolt, and Jazz a short distance behind her.

"Sorry." He gargled, coughing and expelling several globs of leaking mech fluid, pressing against the wound in his stomach with one hand. "I'm- not much- not much use at the moment."

War Academy

"Rapido, Ironhide, sirs!" Lambor called with undisguised panic from his console. "The Decepticons breached the main gates! They took the Autoguns with them, too!"

Skies over The Senate

"Yes, yes, boss!" Skywarp said, immediately setting off on doing what Starscream ordered him to do, teleporting straight upwards every fifteen seconds, counting each second (over the comm) like a child as he does so.

"One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen."

"Onetwothreefourfive..."

The Senate

Thunderwrath gave a mocking "HA." He punched his fists together. "Everyone says that, you know? Never surrender. All that scrap."

He glanced at Ultra Magnus and grinned dangerously as he cocked his weapon and started to walk towards the desk to where Thundercracker was hiding behind. "Big guy! Good. Let's take out this Seeker, and then help the others. The teleporting one and the invisible one killed two of our own already and is hunting down the flier Prowl."

Iacon Catacombs

Grimlock bit down a quick refusal. He was one of the Autobots again. One of the good guys. This person was weak. Useless in a fight. But ultimately innocent. One of the ones he has to protect.

"Me Grimlock see no reason to say no." The larger Autobot said. "When guns start firing, you hide and try not to get shot. What I call you?"

Not waiting for an answer, Grimlock turned around and started walking in the direction Glyph pointed him towards, trying not to wince as something in his knee creaked noisily.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

South East Border

"It wasn't a bad try, but you've been behind a desk too long to jump right in," Terabolt would answer to Prowl in a consoling tone. "Still, you're alive, and that's more than we can say for some of these guys. Just make sure you practice a bit more before you get exiled next time, 'kay?"

Terabolt moved beside Prowl, crouching down low as though waiting, turning her head in Jazz's direction. "Get him up, I'll get him somewhere safer."

War Academy

Yoketron and Orion would proceed towards the war academy, the elder Temple Knight keeping watch for any threats.

((ooc: Warcry, want me to have our guys chase the geeks towards their pitstop? ;) ))
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Streets

Megatron frowned slightly. "I suppose you should make at least a token effort to recover Scorponok," he told Obsidian. "He still has powerful allies, somehow, and they wouldn't be amused if we simply abandoned him."

He glanced over at Lungut, curious. "You defeated Grimlock? Good show."

The bodyguard shrugged slightly. "It was nothing. He probably survived. I could have killed him, of course, but your glorious command is a higher priority than a petty grudge match."

Megatron just nodded, then addressed Obsidian again. "Once you're done there, gather your troops and start moving toward the city centre. I've gathered most of the drop-troops, and I'll meet you there. Once we have the main government buildings under our control, Iacon -- nay, all of Cybertron -- shall be ours!"

Skies over The Senate

"He may well be the dumbest person I've ever met," Starscream muttered as Skywarp began counting aloud.

(OOC @ Aero: Yeah, I wouldn't call them 'geeks' to their faces. They're way too nuts. But yeah, chase away. :) )
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Iacon Catacombs

"I'm Glyph," said Glyph, following Grimlock as best she could; her legs were a lot shorter... "I'm an archivist. You might have heard of me?"

She did not wait for his reply, but added: "'Relics of the Primes'? 'Early Industrial Development on the Tagan Heights'? And I promise not to get in your way."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South East Border

"Should never have gotten off." Prowl managed to get out before he was interrupted by another coughing fit. "-'m a liability. Out for far too long."

Streets

"Must we now." Obsidian replied to Megatron, his tone showing just a hint of disappointment, but immediately consulted his readouts. "Vehicon Ground Squads... thirty-four, forty-seven. Break off your assault and recover Scorponok at all costs. Medic team fifteen, as soon as the ground squads have secured the area, get in there and evacuate the good Senator to Kaon."

"Indeed. And Cybertron will truly return to its former glory!" Obsidian replied to Megatron, voice sounding slightly giddy. Raising his voice, he commanded. "The rest of you! March to the center of the city! Crush everything in your path!"

Skies over The Senate

Skywarp shook his head as the last of the black beam dissipated, but by then Starscream and Tracks have gone a fair distance away... not that Skywarp teleporting around in place helped his speed.

Of course, said ability does come in handy as he transformed into jet mode and started transversing large swathes of distance with teleportation leaps.

Iacon Catacombs

"No." Grimlock replied to Glyph flatly, keeping the irritation out of his voice. "Kaon not get news. Not the happy kind, 'least."

The former Decepticon winced as he saw the emergency ladder. Too high to make good time. "Prowl." Grimlock said to his commlink. Dead. Of course it's dead. He can't be allowed to look smart and contribute at least once, can he?

Grimlock turned around and looked at Glyph, then back at the emergency ladder. The little archaeologist will definitely slow him down, with those tiny legs even if she had the stamina to match him. Grimlock bent down to one knee. "Get on top of me, Grimlock's... things." Grimlock gestured at the mass of tank kibble that ended up on his back. "Me have to get out fast to warn others."

(OOC: @LQS, I'm going to move this along, kay?)

Skies

Not fun. The other six-changer had disappeared. Did he fail to keep up? Did he run away in fear? Did he go down to help the other soldiers? Not fun at all.

He looked for him. He did.

But he was nowhere to be found.

Sixshot approached a building, transformed into robot mode as he landed and let out a snarl. "General Obsidian. I have lost the Autobot six-changer. Should I track him down or do I continue with my initial orders?"

"Leave him be. Meet the rest of us at the city center."

"Aye, sir." Sixshot replied. An Elite Guardsman leapt through the air, spinning some kind of chain weapon before launching it at the six-changer. Without even turning his head, Sixshot drew his gun and opened fire without blinking, the blast of energy vaporizing the Guardsman's head and sending him tumbling down from the building's side. "I shall comply."

This is so boring.

Boring.

Boring boring boring.

Sixshot cut off the transmission, dimmed his optics, then let out a loud, frustrated roar. Transforming into his tank mode, he launched a barrage at a nearby skyscraper and caused it to begin tumbling down into the ground.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Iacon Catacombs

Glyph considered Grimlock's offer. She had been quite happy to scramble down that ladder, but up had not crossed her mind, certainly not at speed.

"Hm, thanks," she said and tried to climb onto the proffered 'backpack', only to topple down helplessly. Then, apologetically, she got to her feet and murmured: "Do you think you could help me up, please?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Iacon Catacombs

Grimlock didn't quite manage to suppress the sigh, but did pick Glyph up as gently as he can with one massive hand and deposit her on his kibble backpack. "You hang on tight to turret. Me, Grimlock, not want to get down there and scrape you off floor."

Unbelievable. Grimlock thought to himself. Here he was, hunting down one of the... two people who have beaten him (the thought left a very sour taste in Grimlock's proverbial mouth) and he's stopping to play babysitter to an archaeologist of all things!

And to top it off, he can't even call Prowl. How can he act smug and claim to be more useful if he can't tell Prowl where Megatron is?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Iacon Catacombs

And she did hang on tight - with one hand. The other clutched the datapad. There was no way Glyph was going to lose her work, assuming the pad could be repaired.

She checked her chronometer: was that the... date?

It would appear she had been working for much longer than she had supposed. It was something she found always happened when she became engrossed. And it meant she had missed the signal window. Again. Not that, when she considered it, her transmission would get through from so far beneath the surface.

She promised herself that, once Grimlock got them out, she would call through to the Archives and announce that she was safe.

The rumble of collapsing walls and ceilings echoed from nearby, accompanied by a cloud of metallic dust.

Glyph hoped that she was safe...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

War Academy

Yoketron would move with swift, silent purpose, half paying attention to his surroundings and half keeping close watch on Orion. Then he would to turn a corner, and all attention went immediately to what he saw in front of him.

It had been some time ago since he had been in contact with the temple, but on their last communication they had sent him a rundown of what had happened at the Kaon temple, as well as the pictures of a few of the intruders, which he now saw ahead of him, moving further into the Academy. Little help was needed to guess what they might be up to.

Giving no warning to Orion (as the intruders might also still be within earshot) Yoketron would abruptly produce a few throwing stars, then fling them at high speed towards Tarantulas and Predacon

((ooc: Was hoping we'd have a post from Springer by now. Think it's safe to say Jazz helped and move Prowl and Terabolt along?))
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

City Center

Megatron stopped in his tracks, holding up one fist as a signal for his army to stop. The Vehicons and trained soldiers who had paradropped under Clench's command complied immediately, and the irregulars they had recruited from Iacon's working class followed suit a moment later.

He stood at the top of a hill overlooking the Great Dome, the defensive structure that enclosed the city's ancient heart. The Senate and the War Academy sat in its shadow like scared satellites hiding in its orbit. But the Dome couldn't protect them now. Both buildings were besieged, broken and soon to be Decepticon property.

The Dome itself, though, worried him. The Senate and War Academy were mere organs of government, important but ultimately replaceable. But what the Dome protected...that was irreplaceable. The Primal Palace, the Grand Temple, the monuments to the Thirteen, the access to Vector Sigma...those things were the heart and soul of Iacon's religion, and the tokens that they used to establish their dominance as Cybertron's preeminent city-state. It was so important to them, in fact, that nobody was allowed to enter the Dome except on official business...though the rich and powerful of the city, as always, were able to sidestep those laws.

If Kaon was going to truly take its place as the new capital of the world, the Dome and everything in it needed to burn. But that wouldn't be easy. With its' blast doors shut the Dome was practically impenetrable, and the structure itself was surely swarming with Autobot soldiers, private security, Temple Knights and the (ceremonial but still deadly) Primal Guard. Conquering it would not be easy, but it needed to be done.

"Mighty Megatron," Lugnut asked him, "should I ready the troops for attack?"

"Not yet," Megatron told him. "We'll wait."

Lugnut was obviously reluctant to ask a follow-up question, but forced himself to do so. "Wait for what?"

"For Sentinel Prime."

War Academy

Predacon didn't see the stars coming, and let out a furious yowl as one of them embedded itself in his shoulder armour. He turned around and growled, "How dare you?" as he drew his whiplash cutlass and prepared to fight. His eyes settled on Yoketron, but if he recognized the mech he certainly didn't show it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Iacon Catacombs

As soon as Glyph hung on to Grimlock, he began moving. He did not so much as climb the ladder rung by rung -- that was for weaklings. Instead, Grimlock jumped up into the ladder, and grabbed hold of a foothold, before pushing against it and launching himself even higher into the air, and repeating the process over and over again.

Within a relatively short (and undoubtedly terrifying for Glyph) moment Grimlock crashed through the gate that covered the service tunnel, and landed with a massive crash on Iacon's surface.

Lugnut's gone, of course. Not to mention Grimlock had found himself some five or six blocks away from where he started so trailing the Decepticon was a bust anyway.

"Great." Grimlock muttered. "Just great."

Southeast Border

(OOC: Sure, we'll go with that.)

As two of the paramedics that survived the Vehicon assault tended to Prowl, the strategist attempted to contact the War Academy... most worryingly, not even with a new radio was he able to raise either the Academy or Sentinel Prime.

This is bad. How badly are the Decepticons winning? Pretty badly, Prowl supposed. Even in the area around them, even with Scorponok defeated, only Terabolt and Jazz's presence allowed the paramedics to reach Prowl unmolested by Vehicon fire.

Prowl tried not to allow the imminent crashing wave of despair to overwhelm him. No. He can compartmentalize. Time to mourn and feel later.

"This is... this is Prowl to all surv- all Autobot officers. I request a status update if convenient."

"The main bulk of the Decepticons have gathered near the Dome. A lot of their troops are- tearing the city apart." Someone spoke over the lines.

The strategist forced himself to stand up, and winced. The makeshift patch on his stomach hurt like hell. The polymers hadn't fully coalesced and it was playing havoc with his pain circuits, but pain Prowl can take. Uselessness, though? Dysfunction? Damned if he will let Iacon fall under his watch.

"Get ready. Vehicons will swarm our position soon. They will want Scorponok back, and a few fodder soldiers will be disposable enough for that purpose." Prowl stated, voice almost entirely cold and mechanical. His expression was devoid of any form of pain or uncertainty. "We will fight through them. We need to get to the city center and back up the rest of our troops."

City Center

"That is an extremely reasonable assumption." Obsidian observed as he lowered himself from the atmosphere next to Lugnut. "This is a perfect place to set up an ambush." Obsidian's troops started to filter in and move into ranks around the ones that came with Megatron.

He turned to Megatron and made a short, polite bow. "Liege. I estimate our forces are relatively adequate to lay siege to the Dome and force them to surrender. May I recommend a-"

Just before he finished his sentence, however, Obsidian was interrupted very loudly.

"You have planned for everything, have you not, savage?" Sentinel Prime's voice sounded from megaphones installed around the Senate and War Aacdemy. "Well, your little rebellion is at an end. By the authority vested upon my by the Matrix, the Thirteen, the Gauntlet and the Primal Vanguard, I command you to stand down and I promise your men will have a fair trial. At least do something decent before you are sent to the gallows, one way or another."

"Because." Sentinel's voice came from far nearby this time, and the Prime materialized from under the hill, standing on the open hatch of a gunship rising up to allow the Prime to stand face-to-face with Megatron and the Decepticons... before moving further into the air to put the Prime at an elevated position. "I will make sure you die, here and now, for what you did to Zeta Prime and this city."

At least six more gunships rose up around Sentinel's, decorated with Elite Guard markings. Their weapons and missiles were trained at the Vehicon troops following Megatron.

"This is a mere fraction of the troops between here and the dome, little warlord." Sentinel said through his activated faceplate. "The Knights, the Elite Guard and the Primal Guard will crush whatever resistance you can muster. No. They will be redundant. I will crush whatever resistance you can muster."

"For I... I AM SENTINEL! SENTINEL PRIME!" With this roar, Sentinel leapt out of the hatch, Skyboom Shield activating to repel whatever gunfire Megatron's men will undoubtedly launch at him. As he said this the gunships with him began taking aim at the Decepticons and the rest of the troops and started to open fire.

And upon that declaration, Wheeljack and Highbrow's forcefield flared to life, far brighter than it was at the Southeastern border, enveloping the Dome, the Academy and the Temples.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Iacon Catacombs

Glyph hung on - oh, how she hung on! It was quite surprising just how tight she could hold on, driven by sheer terror.

Why could you not just climb? she thought, quite unable to vocalise between each monstrous leap.

When, at last, Grimlock propelled them out onto the surface, the teal Minibot could do nothing more than remain on his back, stunned to immobility. The datapad, damaged as it was in the catacomb roof cave-in, now also sported several extra dents from her frantic grip.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Iacon Catacombs

Grimlock turned to look at Glyph, clinging even harder to his back than those Driller-leeches from the Manganese Mountains. He suppressed an urge to sigh and call the little one weak, and instead bent down to allow her to hop off.

"Me sorry about that." Grimlock said. "But speed essen- ess- BAH. Speed needed. You not hurt?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Street above Iacon Catacombs

She did not let go for, despite Grimlock's quite reasonable (and polite) request, she couldn't...

Glyph had, quite simply, seized up...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

City Center

Megatron saw Sentinel Prime rise into view, saw the forcefield flicker into existence over the Dome...and smiled.

"Ah, if it isn't the Senate's chief thug himself. How kind of you to finally grace us with your presence, Sentinel. What took you so long? Did you need to meet your daily quota of newly-hatched protoforms oppressed before you could come and see to me?"

Lugnut took a step forward, putting himself between the Prime and his master. He took several hits from the gunships that would otherwise have struck Megatron, but if they pained him he refused to show it. Several smaller, weaker Decepticons, on the other hand, were blown to bits by the onslaught.

"Just give the word, Mighty Megatron, and I will tear him limb from limb!"

"No," Megatron said calmly. "No, I think not. Not yet anyway. The good Sentinel Prime still has much to answer for before we grant him the grace of death. But his ships, on the other hand? Those can go." The Decepticon leader raised his voice and said with supreme confidence that the target of his command was nearby, "Sixshot, deal with our attackers! Kill everyone but the Prime."

Then he addressed his top commander. "Obsidian, rally the troops into defensive formations and tel them to start seizing whatever fortifications they can find. Fireproof ones, preferably," he added cryptically.

And then, finally, he deigned to answer Sentinel Prime. "The Matrix is a bauble, the Thirteen never existed, your 'Gauntlet' is a fairy tale made up by Nova Prime to justify his oppression and the Primal Vanguard will fall before me just as your Elite Guard does. You have no authority here, Sentinel, and you wield no power over us. Not anymore." His voice changed tone, going from aggressive to almost contemplative. "Zeta Prime was a decent person, you know. Out of touch with the world and complicit by his negligence in the oppression of tens of millions of Cybertronians, but a decent person at his core. His death was tragic, a necessary evil in the service of a greater cause. But you, Sentinel? You are a monster and your death will be slow, merciless and well deserved. But first, you're going to suffer."

He raised his voice and barked, "Shockwave, begin phase one of the bombardment! Your target is the Great Dome."

"As you command, Megatron. Beginning bombardment with conventional weapons only."

Moments later, the Nemesis and several of her sister-ships opened fire from orbit. The warships' heavy fusion cannons -- larger, even more destructive versions of the weapon now strapped to Megatron's right arm -- sent streams of superheated death raining down on the Dome and its protective forcefield. The field held -- for now -- but the air around it superheated to the point that nearby buildings began to spontaneously burst into flames. Meanwhile the skies above, which had grown darker as the day had worn on from the now-distant noon, lit up again as the orbiting Autobot fleet, previously content to cower from the Decepticon warships as long as they kept away from the orbital habitats, launched an aggressive assault on the attackers in a desperate attempt to prevent the atrocity that Megatron had ordered.

"Let me clear something up for you, Sentinel. You seem to be under the impression that I want the patch of real estate you're guarding. But nothing could be farther from the truth. The Great Dome will burn, and every single Transformer loyal to you is going to burn with it. I'm not going to fight your ridiculous excuse for an army, Sentinel. I'm going to massacre them, along with all the wealthy elites who've bought their protection. And after your followers, your masters and all the symbols of your corrupt, illegitimate regime's authority have been purged in a cleansing fire...then and only then will you be allowed to die."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Iacon Streets

Kup held on to Ramjet and the Decepticon crashed into a store. Luckily, it looked like Ramjet took the brunt of the impact. All dinged up, Kup got back up on his feet and shook his head. "Not the brightest of my ideas..." he said as he went looking for his gun. "If you know what's good for you, you'll stay down."

Prowl's com came in. "This is Kup. Currently in a scrap with two Deceptigoons. Don't think they're going to be much of a problem, but we're going to need to start taking down their heavy hitters soon or else there won't be a city left to defend soon."

The Senate

"Everyone says it," Thundercracker said while wiping the oil from his mouth with the back of his hand. "I mean it!" he shouted. Thundercracker jumped out from behind the desk and charged Thunderwrath guns blazing, hoping to strike the Autobot off-guard with such a frontal assault.

Ultra Magnus was ready to engage Thundercracker when Prowl's com came in. "Prowl, this is Magnus. Me, Tracks and some of my unit are currently engaging the three Seekers that attacked the War Academy. They're putting up quite the resistance, but it's nothing I can't handle."

South East Border

While Springer was fighting off the Vehicons, Obsidian had escaped him. Taking down his assailants one by one, Springer decided to head towards the city where he thought he could do more good.

War Academy

One of Yoketron's stars managed to dig itself into the left leg of Tarantulas when the mad scientist wasn't paying attention to his surroundings. "Ow!" he let out loud. "You'll pay for that," he shouted as he shook his fist. Tarantulas pulled out the star from his leg and threw it right back at Yoketron, though obviously with a lot less accuracy than the Temple Knight could. "Let's see if you die just as easily as those Temple Knights back in Kaon," he giggled.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Street above Iacon Catacombs

Grimlock let out a long sigh. Why was he always stuck with these guys who aren’t accustomed to battle? First that Raikou kid, now this… “You Glyph okay? Me, Grimlock, need to get back to beating people up. Need to drive bad guys away.”

City Center

Sentinel Prime continued to charge at Megatron, expression blank thanks to his battle mask, not bothering to reply the tyrant’s first remark about protoforms and the like. The large five-eyed bodyguard sadly protected Megatron from the worst of the gunships’ fire, but Sentinel paid it no heed – he did not expect the gunships to be able to take Megatron down, anyway. And indeed, as soon as he thought that, the gunship he had just been in erupted in fire, raining down a wave of heat and shrapnel down onto the clearing.

He knew it would be personal. It would be one on one.

But Lugnut did block his way and cause Sentinel Prime to pause in his charge, holding his position in a battle-ready stance as the Decepticon leader spoke. “Autobots, do not falter! Kill everyone! This is the time of their reckoning!”

Ignoring the erupting gunships in the air above and behind him, Sentinel Prime glared at Megatron through his visor, ignoring his blasphemic comments. Raising to the bait would be immature, and to be truthful Sentinel never believed in most of those things either. “I am a monster? I was chosen by the Matrix to be a Prime, to be a guardian, against you! You killed Zeta. You caused a war that killed hundreds, millions of innocent civilians! You created massive weapons of doom that all but destroyed half of Cybertron’s cities. And I am the monster?”

But when Megatron suddenly called out to a certain ‘Shockwave’, confusion was etched on Sentinel’s face under the mask… before realization dawned. “NO!” Sentinel shouted loudly, his head whirling around… and was thankful that the field held. “Destroy the warships!” Sentinel barked into his own commlink. “Destroy them all!”

Sentinel then turned to face Megatron, optics steely. “Massacre us? No, Megatron. We will massacre you. For your insult against all that Iacon and Cybertron stands for, I swear you will die this day.” Sentinel wished he could craft words as threatening as Megatron did, but that was always more of Zeta’s forte.

He pointed the tip of his energon lance at Lugnut’s direction. “Move, pawn, or I will move you. This is between me and him.”

Having been lurking on a nearby rooftop, Sixshot had moved in for the kill with blinding speed, and was sorely disappointed as the wreckage of Sentinel Prime’s gunship spun down and erupted in a larger flame below.

Really? A single barrage brought down one of them? This won’t be a fight, it will be a massacre.

How absolutely boring.

Sixshot spun around and dived straight down, launching several more blasts at another gunship, causing it to erupt again. He zipped up, and a third gunship that blocked his way erupted into two halves as the six-changer rammed through it.

They haven’t even trained their guns at him! This is no fun. Any soldier who hopped down from the gunships engaged the Decepticon troopers straight away.

The Dome or whatever the heck it’s called then was then attacked by the orbital cannons or something, and Sixshot was disappointed once more. “I could’ve done that.” Sixshot muttered under his breath. “I could’ve done that and it would’ve been far more challenging than these.”

“At once.” Obsidian said, having avoided the worst of the barrage. “You heard Megatron – move into defensive formations, fireproof shields if you can!”

Obsidian then heard what Megatron said. What his leader, his supposed savior, said about destroying everything in Iacon in a cleansing fire. Yes, that was what they needed. What they needed to purge. But the Great Dome and every last remnant of their culture? No less than five days ago had Obsidian been in that same place, observing sculptures crafted by the past ages of Cybertron. Is it all worth it?

And what the Prime said… was it true? Were they destroying Cybertron? Were they mere tyrants rampaging across the countryside?

Was it too much?

“Is this all not a little too extreme?” Obsidian spoke softly to himself as he hovered in place behind the cover of an upturned vehicle, his own red eyes reflecting the now-red sky caused by all the weaponry flying over the dome. But he didn’t say a thing to Megatron. No, to doubt his leader right now would simply be counter-productive. It would get himself killed, or worse, cause Megatron to order a larger amount of destruction than necessary.

And indeed, destruction was necessary. But Obsidian, once more, felt doubt.

South-East Border

Prowl’s expression grew somber as reports from the War Academy filtered in. “Get out of there, Rapido. We need to make another staging ground. It’s too dangerous there. Order an evacuation.”

Kup. Magnus They’re nuking the Great Dome. The forcefields are holding and our own fleets are engaging, but if we don’t stop them soon, the Great Dome, the Academy, the Temples and everything there will be obliterated. They don’t plan on merely taking over, they’re planning on scorching this city to the ground. Sentinel’s rounded up part of the Elite Guard and the Primal Vanguard to engage Megatron but I doubt they stand a chance.” Prowl shook his head. “Finish your fights as soon as you can and head to the City Center to support them! We need to take Megatron down, and we need it now!”

Prowl mentally scrolled down the list of countermeasures. The fleet has already been deployed. The Vanguard was mobilized hastily by Sentinel and are now fodder for the six-changer. The anti-orbital nukes have already been destroyed by the Vehicons who knew where to hit. So has the orbital net. Practically every single contingency plan has been taken out either by Obsidian or by the Decepticons’ rampage through the town.

This is not good.

Springer.” Prowl said into his commlink. “Springer, can you hear me? You… you are our best bet for taking down the six-changer. I realize I’m asking a lot of you, but with Quick Switch out of the picture you’re our only hope. It’s massacring all our forces, forces that could stand a chance against Megatron’s army if they are alive.”

The Senate

Thunderwrath was taken off-balance by Thundercracker, taking a few hits on the torso and the stomach as the Seeker’s fire slammed onto him. He attempted to fend the Decepticon off with a wide swing of his arm.