I can't believe there's no loot thread yet. [loot thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

I can't believe there's no loot thread yet. [loot thread]

Post by Sades »

Have you people forgotten what Christmas is about?

I'll start, then... I made out like a bandit, imo.

I got a digital camera and one of those dance games with a pad and everything from my parents, a Gobbla from my boyfriend [and a bunch of stocking-stuffer type of stuff that he's not giving me til I get back that he won't tell me about. Am curious.] an MP3 player from one of my brothers, Pirates 2 [though to be honest I'm surprised I didn't get more than one of those as my walking down the street in a pirate hat on occasion has made it blatantly clear to everyone around me that I'm... insane.] from one of my other brothers, a spongebob poster from one of my other other brothers, a bunch of batteries and a black Christmas tree from my sister.

My dad also took me out on the 27th and let me get all the clothes I wanted. And two bettas. And a travelling tank for my turtle. It was awesome and horrible at the same time as I felt guilty. :p

And what with the giving, I baked everyone cookies! Mainly because things're a bit tight right now, luckily everyone knows that. They liked the cookies... which was good as I spent an entire day in the kitchen mixing, baking, decorating and packing them up nice.

C'mon, I can't be the only one thinking about their loot right now. I feel like a dragon sitting atop a shiny stack of coin.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

I got an Xbox 360...I may never see my wife again! :) I've been stashed away in my bunker the past 3 days playing Gears of War and Call of Duty 3. We can debate which system is best, but I'm happy with what I got!

That's pretty much it for me...
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

My biggest gift this year was a Detroit Red Wings jersey. Beyond that, I got Scrubs Season One, Greg the Bunny, a sweater, a Young Avengers gift set, an Ion T-shirt, a House of M gift set, and money.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

I got wasted in Key West.
That's what i gave me and the missus.

And you know what?
totally worth the 1300 dollars and excruciating headaches that followed three nights of ridiculous debauchery that we had.

and great egg sandwiches every morning.

My parents get to visit in FLA in a few weeks, so I guess that'll count for a later christmas, but aside from that, and cards with a few pennies in them, just the drunken-ness.

good times.

:smokin:
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I got the new TF the movie 20th anniv. DVD, this gigantic book called "Cosmos" which weighs a ton but has some spectacular photos of various astronomical type things, $70 in gift certificates to the hockey pro-shop down the street which will probably turn into an expensive hockey stick as the cheap ones I've got are in pretty bad shape, various candies, fruits and meats and $100 that will probably turn into my CC payment.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
I got an Xbox 360...I may never see my wife again! :) I've been stashed away in my bunker the past 3 days playing Gears of War and Call of Duty 3. We can debate which system is best, but I'm happy with what I got!

That's pretty much it for me...

My gamertag's pretty apparent, so shoot me a friend invite sometime if you want.

I got a Nintendo Wii (though I've had it since launch, it technically counted as a Christmas present) and Twilight Princess. I got Superman Returns, a circular saw, Ghosts of Onyx, and a sweet ratcheting screwdriver for narrow spaces from my father-in-law.

My wife gave me the aforementioned Wii, a tie with Spanish vocabulary and pictures, two Superman Returns statuey figure things, Sigma Six Zartan and Lt. Stone, a cordless drill, and a sweet Nintendo courier bag.

My family gave me an old Lionel model train (minus the track, but I have some of that already) from ebay, Super Mario Bros. Super Show Vol. 2, Ducktales Vol. 2, a bottle of Sailor Jerry's spiced rum, some clothes, the Star Wars DVDs with the original cuts that also came with the graphic novels, and Classics Mirage.

I also got some nice things from my students, including a fruit basket that also had a $10 giftcard for Texas Steakhouse (one of two theme restaurants in our small city).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Bought a Thinkpad as a [ DVD / everything else there's codecs for ] player, a comics sub and a book sub (ABC are behind on their printing schedule), some surprisingly interesting books/music, hair trimmers, and odds and sods.
Have you people forgotten what Christmas is about?
No, I was appropriately drunk on Christmas Eve. Although a friend of mine may not trust my alcohol recommendations in future as she wasn't keen on the Mad Dog shooters...

Gobbla? None of the figures look like I remember these days. Apparently Warhammer's on a seventh edition.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I got a 17" LCD TV, four Discworld books (Feet of Clay, Jingo, The Fifth Elephant and THUD!), a new chain/beads thing, some clothes, some Battlefleet Gothic models (3 Sword class frigates, 3 Firestorm class frigates and a Dauntless class light cruiser for those who care), some clothes (trousers, shirt and a t-shirt), and £55 cash which is going towards decorating my flat.

So not a bad haul at all.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Discworld novels are ace...

JLA/Avengers Compendium edition- best comic crossover I've ever read. I even read through all the references listed by Busiek, Perez et al in the companion volume. It's awesome.

Three Discworld books: Going Postal (reading at the mo), the Hogfather TV tie-in and Wintersmith

Half-a-dozen selection boxes

1.5 kg tin of Cadbury Heroes

Box of milk choclate After Eight mints

Gillette M3 Power shaving kit (yeah- I may use that before I turn 30)

Some Lynx deodorant/shower gel set

Nivea shaving set (what? You think I want hair on my face? I prefer that to blades...)

Dylan Moran: Like, Totally... DVD

Ross Noble: Randomist DVD

Alice Cooper: Nightmare Returns DVD

Superman Ultimate Collection

Boomtown

And a tub of jelly sweets from a customer. (I only gave her a PS2 game for booting up cold).

I got some cool stuff for my birthday too and in the run-up to Christmas: MK Armageddon, Justice League Heroes, Marvel Legends Moon Knight, a couple of Supreme Power paperbacks....

Oh, and there was some cash, a Guinness tinned set, an electronic organiser (ha ha... you think this'll get used?) and a Michael Crichton novel (Prey, I believe).

All-in-all, not bad.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
[...] a tie with Spanish vocabulary and pictures [...]
Is that a learning aid; kind of like flash cards? I wish I had something for Arabic root words. The language is very synthetic I hear.

I was so close to ordering the Yu Yu Hakusho box set after the Dark Tournament, but I figured I would get some important books first. I got The Road to Reality (Penrose), Euler: The Master of Us All, and Mathematics: A Very Short Introduction (Gowers). That is the order in which I would rate them as well, though I've only read a fraction of each.
[SIGPIC]Image[/SIGPIC]
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

I got 2 bottles of scotch and this:

:) :D
Scout

Post by Scout »

I got quite a lot of magazines and books- my other collection is also from Hasbro (My Little Ponies), so those were in abundance. Also included were Horrible Histories (awesome series), gardening magazines and the dvd - Fox and the Hound 2. My Christmas stocking had a special edition Rabbit (from Winnie the Pooh). I was given a sweater and lots of chocolate, as well as an adorable stuffed pug (dog), portable dvd player, 2 gorgeous swarovski mice and a few items of Beleek (porcelain). At home I was given 2 curio cabinets.

UK chocolate >>>> masively pwns US chocolate
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

*Edit*
-Alex???
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

My brother brought the third series of Journey Into Space as a "I-Tune" and used his "Computer" to put it on (many) "CD's". I believe those of the technical terms. So I'm currently listening through Operation Luna and The Red Planet again before embarking on The World In Peril. I'm actually ahgast they let kids listen to this in the 50's as it scary stuff even today (even the way the announcer says "JOU-R-NEY into SPACE!!!" is freaky).

Dangermouse and Thundercats T-Shirts, some finest Tesco shortbread and the Chris Moyles book all from my mother. I'd actually brought the book for a friend of mine, who in turn had it from no less than two other people as well. When he told me this on Christmas day it was a sign of the beer we'd had that "...And I got it to!" seemed like the greatest ever punchline.

My brother also got me two of the three most recent Who books, and his girl got me a Transformers Armade poster. She was going to get me a G1 Prime pic, but my brothe told her not to as it was "By the guy who draws Prime with a penis".

As a combined Crimbo/Brithday present from Wig and Gary I got the entire animate Superman series, which is rather grovey.

All that and family secret santa still to go!
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek

All that and family secret santa still to go!

I bet you get socks.

:)

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
inflatable dalek

Well no, it'll be either Doctor Who- The Inside Story, Superman Returns or Pirates 2. We're supposed to spend 25 quid so I may even get more than one! My cousin Jake put a book that wound up costing three quid on his list and nothing else, so I had to find cunning ways to extracting other ideas from him without him realising the truth. "Hi Aunty Janet, I've got Jake's Santa but it comes a bit under the total, what else can I get him?" "I'll just ask, he's right here... Hey Jacob, Stuart's got your Santa, what else do you want?"...
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

All right,loot list. ;)

Books:Star Wars EP.1 pocket guide,Bloodtide,Scion of Cyador and Darkness

Games:Star Wars Ep.3 for GBA

Clothing:A nice navy coat.Actually liked it. :)

A gift card and Belguim Choclates.

That and I got myself a Classics Starscream and the 20th anniversery addition of TF:TM.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Well my big gift was an 80gb Ipod Video. I just got it today with car charger and case as my Nissan Sentra already has everything else I need to play it in my car.

That was really my big gift however my Girl got me a bottle of Cabo Wabo Anejo Tequilla oh my is that good stuff.

A friend from college got me 2 cds: Motorhead's Kiss of Death and Venom's Metal Black.

My boss at work got me a bottle of Crown Royal.

Usual assortment of clothes, some giftcards and other random stuff.

I was more than happy with my haul as I already had all the 360 games I could want and the like :)
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by Dead Man Wade
Young Avengers gift set

I got that too, tis awesome. I also ended up with a 30gb iPod video, X Box 360 with Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Deadpool rocks), a Halo 3 hoodie, Guitar Hero, a Marvel CW shirt, and some other clothes. And I forgot to get Dalek his custard helmet.
inflatable dalek

*sobs*

Oh, and I used the fiver my Nan and Grandad allways give me to buy V for Vendetta: The Movie That Made Alan Moore Cry.