Anna Nicole Smith 1967-2007

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Reposting a parody of someone's life does not equal making fun of their death.
In whose twisted mind does that make sense?
Would you rather we all lied and say she was a big loss, when the deaths of Frankie Laine, Willye White, Robert Meier, Toulo de Graffenried and Colin Thurston in the past six weeks alone put it in a bit more perspective?

No, but I would expect that there be a bit more sensitivity to the situation. Because, regardless of who it was, you have to realize that we're talking about a human being here. Now, forgetting for a moment who it is, we're talking about someone who has had to deal with a lot these past few months. It's not hard to imagine that she just couldn't take it anymore, and I would like to think that it's a bit too soon to be parading stuff like that around. (Doing something like that so recently after any tragedy, regardless of what it was, is not only insensitive, but tactless.)
Of course, the most ironic thing is this would slowly be floating down the forum if you hadn't blundered in being pious.

No. The most ironic thing is that, knowing full well that there are some on this board who make a habit of baiting me and twisting my words around to mean something they didn't, I decided to say something anyway. Because, as I said before, regardless of how you felt about her or her life, the fact of the matter remains that we're talking about a human being here, and that doing something like what rubicon did is, quite frankly, insensitive and tasteless. (And sadly, not exclusive to here, but that's another story.)

And I can't really help but wonder why CounterPunch, who pretty much agrees with everything I said, isn't getting rung over the coatrails by anyone.

Oh, wait. It must have something to do with the fact that, unlike him, he isn't seen as a petulant emo who is pretty much this board's number one problem causer, simply because he can't take a joke.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by Bombshell

Everyone but yours. Yes, she is dead. Yes, she was human, but just because she's dead now, doesn't mean that her life was less of a joke. I think Steve Irwin was a raging idiot, and my opinion didn't change when he died. I respect him because he had passion for what he did, and lived life to its fullest, Anna Nicole never did anything worthwhile really, so why should we make it out like she was a wonderful person now?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hear that kid, logic twists minds!!
Now, forgetting for a moment who it is, we're talking about someone who has had to deal with a lot these past few months. It's not hard to imagine that she just couldn't take it anymore, and I would like to think that it's a bit too soon to be parading stuff like that around.
Nearly all of her problems were self-inflicted, and again, stuff like what? The YouTube video had been existing nicely for a while, all someone did was provide a link in a pertinent topic.
No. The most ironic thing is that, knowing full well that there are some on this board who make a habit of baiting me and twisting my words around to mean something they didn't, I decided to say something anyway.
No, that's Alanis Morrisette Irony, i.e. stupidity. How has anything you've said been "twisted", accepting for the moment you seem to substitute 'twisted' for 'I don't get it'. You said people have no human decency if they post a link to a parody video of someone who lived like an idiot, and then that people were making fun of her death, which nobody's actually done.
Because, as I said before, regardless of how you felt about her or her life, the fact of the matter remains that we're talking about a human being here, and that doing something like what rubicon did is, quite frankly, insensitive and tasteless. (And sadly, not exclusive to here, but that's another story.)
Well, what it is is that human beings aren't all equal, y'see, and elicit different responses from different people... I'm not aware of any reason that opinions have to be changed because someone dies. Rubicon posted, more or less, what he thought of Anna Nicole Smith. Where's the problem?
And I can't really help but wonder why CounterPunch, who pretty much agrees with everything I said, isn't getting rung over the coatrails by anyone.
Because he didn't resort to making stuff up, or act like a pious little tosser? NO WAIT IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE BOMBSHELL AND THE WORLD RUNS OVER YOUR TAIL OMFG.
Oh, wait. It must have something to do with the fact that, unlike him, he isn't seen as a petulant emo who is pretty much this board's number one problem causer, simply because he can't take a joke.

Heh, funny bit is I typed the ALLCAPS bit without reading that. I don't think anyone thinks you're a trouble-maker, so there's no real need to be so egocentric. Good work on disproving the petulant emo bit, though. Woe is you indeed.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by tahukanuva
Anna Nicole never did anything worthwhile really, so why should we make it out like she was a wonderful person now?

I would answer this, but I see no point, because it's already been proven to what lengths you people will go to twist what I say and make me seem stupid.

And frankly, the absolute last thing I want to do right now is give you that opportunity.

Oh, and Cliffy, I've got two words for you: F*CK. YOU.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

And frankly, the absolute last thing I want to do right now is give you that opportunity.
You mean you're screwed.
Oh, and Cliffy, I've got two words for you: F*CK. YOU.

Right back at ya, you paranoid, self-obsessed fool.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Right back at ya, you paranoid, self-obsessed fool.

It's comments like this that really make me wonder why the **** I bothered to come back to this God-****ed hole...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's comments like this that really make me wonder why the **** I bothered to come back to this God-****ed hole...

"Ohhhhh, it's all about me, I'm dying in a puddle of heroin, in the 1980s"

Seriously, you say "F*CK YOU" to me because I respond to your points, I return the favour, and you get all self-pitying? Maybe this would be of help. Pull your head out of your arse, for God's sake.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Seriously, you say "F*CK YOU" to me because I respond to your points, I return the favour, and you get all self-pitying?

Well, what else am I supposed to say? You've already demonstrated to me just how far and how much you are willing to dissect everything I say just so you can point out the flaws in my words that, most likely, exist solely because you seem incapable of realizing that all I'm doing is being a lot more sensitive to the situation than most people are. (And as an aside, if I do end up getting the short end of the stick because of this, as I no doubt will, I'll be very disappointed.)
Maybe this would be of help. Pull your head out of your arse, for God's sake.

Maybe I'll do that. And in the meantime, why don't you get yourself one of these, since you obviously need one.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

I think Bombshell lacks a pair of these.

Seriously, just relax. You're one of the people who usually doesn't care about this stuff and then you're up in arms over her dying, it makes no sense to me.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
Seriously, just relax. You're one of the people who usually doesn't care about this stuff and then you're up in arms over her dying, it makes no sense to me.

So the fact that I happen to find the fact that people are being insensitive about this makes no sense to you?
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

So the fact that I happen to find the fact that people are being insensitive about this makes no sense to you?

Normally you don't care, so yeah it makes no sense to me.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
Normally you don't care, so yeah it makes no sense to me.

Let's just say that things have changed.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

This thread's close to being locked. In the interest of seeing if he expounds upon his life-changes, I'll leave it open for now. Anymore "f*ck you"s and I'll lock it down. I think anything that needed to be said about her life and death has been said.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

well this discussion has accomplished helping humankind as much as anna nicole's show did.
Come on and wind me up.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

war is oveeeeeeeeeeeer if you waaaaaaaaaant it............
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, what else am I supposed to say? You've already demonstrated to me just how far and how much you are willing to dissect everything I say just so you can point out the flaws in my words that, most likely, exist solely because you seem incapable of realizing that all I'm doing is being a lot more sensitive to the situation than most people are.

Yeh, much more sensitive. Say, ludicrously over-sensitive, seeing as you've been directly responsible for this whole thing snowballing beyond all need, just because you saw something that wasn't there, then got utterly outflanked and had to resort to saying "F*CK YOU". For your information, I've barely had to think about any reply I've made to one of your posts, because I haven't had to. It's quite easy to hand someone a shovel if they're intent on digging themselves a hole. FYI, I didn't even notice you hadn't posted in a while when I answered your first reply - it's hardly vendetta if I forgot you existed, is it?
(And as an aside, if I do end up getting the short end of the stick because of this, as I no doubt will, I'll be very disappointed.)
And new depths are plumbed... emotional blackmail of moderators. OH WOE IS ME, I AM BOMBSHELL, DOWNTRODEN BLOKE, PLEASE TAKE PITY ON ME AND BAIL ME OUT OF THIS MESS I'VE GOT MYSELF INTO WITH MY OVER-REACTION, AND MAKE SURE I DON'T GET INTO ANY TROUBLE.

I'm sure I'll get my three days, or maybe even permanent, for disturbing the peace, but quite honestly I'd rather take that than let a worm like you jump the gun then try and wriggle out of it with pathetic, gutless whining and stunted attempts at wit. Pathetic. For someone preachin' about human decency, you're a pretty poor example of a person.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

FYI, I didn't even notice you hadn't posted in a while when I answered your first reply - it's hardly vendetta if I forgot you existed, is it?

Yeah, it is. It's also very stupid to think of this as a vendetta since I haven't posted in over three months, and have thus given you absolutely no reason at all to assume that I am still the sort of person you seem to think I am.
For someone preachin' about human decency, you're a pretty poor example of a person.

Maybe so, but if you can say this to me, and not feel the slightest bit guilty about it, what does that say about you?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've never claimed to be capable of decent human behaviour, but don't tend to go around preaching about it to others.

And what exactly have you done to show anyone you're any different? Still petulant, self-pitying, playing to the gallery and unwilling to just put your hands up and take responsibility.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The real tragedy here is that Ian Richardson's death seems to have gone unoticed (though I'm hoping it's just a case of me missing the reporting till reading teletext today rather than inept TV news coverage). Is it because Kevin Costner had nothing to say about him?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Still petulant, self-pitying, playing to the gallery and unwilling to just put your hands up and take responsibility.

OK, fine. I was being petulant, self pitying and all that nonsense. But if you actually bothered to look past your own nose, you'd see that I didn't start to act that way until after you took what I had originally said out of context, and started making it out to be something that it wasn't. Yeah, I'm guilty of going overboard on the issue, but you're just as guilty for keeping it going.

We're both wrong about the issue here, and frankly, our continual arguing about it is sending things way off topic, so is there any real chance we can agree to disagree and put a stop to this before things get any worse?