YOUTUBE et al: official "post videos here" topic

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It's in my head, even when she's not watching it. :|

... Incidentally, it's also how I find her when she's hiding on me. She can't pass up on the "QUACK!" part of the "song".

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades

Post by Sades »

More or less, hey?

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Sades

Post by Sades »

... okay, I'm coming back to that one.

Edit: There should be a warning label on that vid due to the terrifying ghost.

Edit2: AHA, HAHA

Edit3: Nooooooooo

Edit4: I wonder if he does birthdays.

Edit5: alrighty

I've just been sitting here, wasting time going through iTunes instead of sorting through stuff to get rid of and I came across this entire damn album. Didn't even know I had it.

Linkin Park/Jay Z at 3 AM? HECKYEAHITHINKSOMOFOS.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Ha! You started it with the Halestorm videos that reminded me of Leo's metal covers (Poker Face is my favorite).

The guy's been busy lately. He's posted many more videos since the last time I checked.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Speaking of, this thread doesn't have enough Lzzy Hale.

Her voice strikes me as one that wouldn't be out of place in a big 80's power ballad. So why not an 80's cover?

Edit: ... Okay, screw that one. YEAHHHHH THIS ONE.

edit2: Did I post this one? Eh...

edit3: Bonus Lindsey Stirling.

vv Potato quality, but eh.

It amuses me to sing this song thusly: "so far so good, 'cause no one knows I'm Bacon..." and then picture all these little pieces of bacon dressed in a big trench coat spending the length of a music video trying to pass themselves off as a human bean.

Also- the bassist, bwahahaha (which made more sense when I linked to the actual music video).

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I've had ... a day at work, so here's a cheery tune from PWEI to cheer me all up

https://youtu.be/05FKtPJO8IQ

and how about a bit of Wigwam?

https://youtu.be/tQyEGW0dXas

and some vintage mucking about from Adam and Joe

https://youtu.be/JWtQW8vAslc

and the world is better again
Sades

Post by Sades »

Sades

Post by Sades »

The things we take for granted, hey?

Sades

Post by Sades »

LOAF OF MEEEEAT

With a side of cheese.

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

:up::up:

First and last and always. Which is also a great album.

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

When talking to Hound Clay and Sades on Skype I was amazed and distraught none of them knew the Alphabet Rap from the Quantum Leap episode Shock Theatre! Despite Hound being such a big Quantum Leap fan he knows Sam Becket's famous catchphrase of "Oh my".

As this awesome earworm (which is the main reason I say "Zee" instead of "Zed", we watched our taped off BBC2 version a lot as a kid) deserves to be forcing its way into the brains of everyone, I thought I'd share it here as well as making them listen to it via Skype.

Not the TV version though, but the longer, even more awesome album version!:

REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Bat Out Of Hell II is awesome. I always end up coming back to this and the first one.

Going to pick this shirt up at some point (if I don't forget or prioritise it away, anyway). Perfect amount of cheese (imo) and I enjoy the featuring of the insane-looking SDCC '14 exclusive Prime.
inflatable dalek wrote:vX7pZxvh3p0
I was sad, because I clicked in to listen again and got a "this video is not available"... but then I noticed this in the sidebar:

And all was well again. :lol:
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Then you have put right what once went wrong!
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

When I was a kid, I wanted to be like a few people. One of them was Jane Goodall. I think I still want to be like Jane Goodall. :p

I listened to a lecture she was doing (lecture tour for The Jane Effect that was livestreamed recently) and I'd say that if you ever have a chance to hear this amazing woman speak, dooo eeeet.

The world needs more Jane Goodalls, godammit. So many more!

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

That is awesome.

And its kind of nice to here someone say that we are too many as a species and we need to stop growing and expanding and consuming so much. I try and do my bit to live sustainably (yes, I am aware how stupid this sounds when one of the things I like is a set of robots created from plastics which is hardly doing much for the environment), I dispise food waste and try not to buy more than I need. Maybe something like the Janus virus in Utpoia would be a good thing (this was a neat sci-fi show on C4 that purported the idea of government introducing population controls by effectively sterilising the human race). It makes me sad to hear on the news more and more these days that so many species of animal are likely to be extinct in my lifetime and that more and more of their habitats are just ...gone to feed us and what we need.

On a slightly related note, and this will sound daft, the recent exodus of refugees and migrants displaced from Syria and Africa coming to Europe at the moment, without getting all right wing, I do wonder how we can support all these people when we're not doing such a grand job of looking after our own growing population that doesn't have enough work, jobs, food and shelter. (Especially in the UK where our economy is such a basket case) And are things like what we're seeing on Kos a grim vision of the future - too many people crammed into one place, scrabbling over scraps?

Maybe it'll end up like Detritus Rex, where the world is a polluted mudball that we can't survive outside in without a chemical suit and we have to become cannibals to survive, breeding cattle-like humans kept in enormous pens to live off.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

She seems cool, as well as an excellent possible casting for Granny Weatherwax in The Sea and Little Fishes.

I'm not sure we need to worry on the planet score. More hubristic civilisations have been reclaimed by nature before us, and extinction and mass extinction is cyclical.

Worry about ourselves... yeah, although immigration fear is primarily another distraction technique to avoid focus on who sold weapons in the first place, massive profiteering on medical industry, etc.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...it has been a depressing spectacle this whole crisis. All of Europe basically going "we don't want the smelly migrants" is just embarrassing and an utter failure on all fronts. That its taken years and a headline about a dead child for countries to take action is just shameful.

Probably (if not highly likely) the UK that sold the weapons. Because that's how we roll. Condemn the war, but sell to the aggressors anyway. And then make noises about the aid effort we're making. Sigh.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'm not sure that countries like USA, Canada, UK and much of Europe are lacking in resources, TBH. We consume so much more than we actually require that we could probably easily sustain a much larger population. Space and employment are probably the only real concerns.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Space is definitely an issue here! I am often surprised we've not gone in for more tower blocks (former mining towns where this wouldn't be appropriate notwithstanding).

In other news, I was cheered by Armando Ianucci's impassioned defense of the BBC at the annual MacTaggart lectures:

https://youtu.be/hyJFZgK__j0