The Greatest Transformer Toy Ever

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Brendocon
And I don't think he does have electronics. Dalek's got the one that used to be mine, so ask him...

Well, he doesn't randomly talk or anything, but I've not checked or anything as I just assumed he didn't have the electronics.

There's one bigt area he scores over LROP, by having the hands the same colour as the body they don't stick out like..errr... sore thumbs in truck mode.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

You mean RiD Scourge doesn't have the 'laser rod' function? That f***ing sucks!

Though I'd still rather pick him over Laser Prime. At least he doesn't have his name and robot mode pictures plastered all over him. Robots in disguise my ass...
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Re: If Anyone Knows...

Post by SHOCKERS »

Originally posted by ColdBain
Here is what he looks like:

http://megatronofcybertron2.homestead.c ... ingmf.html

There is a picture of him from the cartoon, with box art, and transforming details and toy pictures below. I've found a few copies of him for sale about, one ebay store is selling him for over $700US (vomit bag at the ready), where as another has him for around $500US. Apparently he is rare (well duh), and goes for just a wee bit of money. Man I want him, I am quite prepared to say (just on sight) that this is the Transformer I want the most, I can barely begin to understand why myself, but there is something about him, I really want this G1 toy! I absolutely love the Megatron (was one of my favourites, even if his hips resemble a clothes horse), this one just seems to do what the original could not!

ColdBain,i got this figure! And you're right,he is pretty cool.I paid £180 for mine on ebay with everything bar instructions and stickers.The box and insert are near mint and Browning himself IS mint with all weapons and accessories.The official TF version is definitely the way to go.Good luck!!
:) :) :) :)
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

well hey, i'd go for any one of the actionmaster series. scorponok can crush at least 2 in each claw... and i reckon they'd probably fit into shelly's clothes as well

yessiree
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

Who's Shelly?.............

1985 Shockwave's the 'con for me,not least because he has a nuclear reactor in his gut which must be a handy peice of kit.
Coming from ToyCo makes him a one-off in the line,which i like. And anyway,a big purple floaty space gun?? Who doesn't want some of that???
ColdBain
Protoform

Trypticon

Post by ColdBain »

Lucky you Shockers! I'm so jealous! After recently acquiring a mint Metroplex after years ago having my first one destroyed, I felt that the best thing to do was to get a Trypticon (somehow) to go with him. My search for Browning is not going to be an easy one (I'm going to sign up to ebay and pay an arm and a leg to get sent stuff over to New Zealand), nor is it going to be a search that will be quickly resolved. So while I was searching for Browning, the person who sold me his Metroplex (with unapplied stickers and all) offered me his Mint Trypticon as well. (This guy is absolutely remarkable by the way, I've mentioned him in a couple of previous forums, but he recently sold his entire Transformer collection as he is going to University, and would like a fair bit of dosh to carry him through. You would not BELIEVE some of the Transformers he had, somehow, he had FOUR SHOCKWAVES, all in perfect condition, no aging or anything, instructions and all that, he is selling them for about $500NZ a pot.) He said that he'd like to get rid of this one (as he had already sold the other two he had) so I bought the mother, having never actually seen a Trypticon toy in my entire life (well, not in the sense of being in the same room as the toy). $300NZ, and a couple of weeks working overtime later today my Trypticon finally arrived. I HAD NO IDEA HOW MASSIVE HE WAS! The box is huge, the toy dwarfs my poor little Metroplex, it is totally stunning. It may not be Mr. Browning, but hey, at one third of the price of getting a Browning immediately, I'm pretty happy. But my search goes on for Megatron's little brother. (On a side note, I scored a Soundwave re-issue by Takara, you know, the one with the fancy box and tearaway pieces of paper. The guy was like "Yeah, I've had him on display, he's a bit dusty and what not" and I got him for $60NZ. That's 20Pounds! I'm glad he didn't see the last Soundwave go for $350NZ, coz after I laid into him with a feather duster, he looked brand new.) :)
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

Sounds like a sweet deal.That's the kind of ignorance in sellers i usually dream about.
Anyway,what i want now is a boxed Shackwave,the elusive grey b*stard.....
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

in my opinion i have a few

Optimus Prime
Jetfire
Omega Supreme
Predaking
Roadbuster

thats my list...
One shall stand, One shall fall...
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Was just wondering, this might be an odd question, but I was just wondering how impossible it would be to find just the box and styrofoam for a particular Transformer... namely, a G1 Scorponok...
Brawn
Protoform

Post by Brawn »

One of my favs have always been RiD Black Convoy, and RiD Super Fire Convoy For it's articulation.

Another favorite has to be Optimal Optimus (The first one).

When I saw Cybertron Prime, dispite I knew I couldn't afford it...
I had to get it. Also for it's articulation.

I didn't die...I just went away for a while!
ColdBain
Protoform

Of the Cybertron Line...

Post by ColdBain »

I think my two favourites would have to be the Optimus Prime (yeah, expensive is right!) and the Metroplex. There are a couple of others (Cybertron Primus for example... if I could afford two, and get a decent paint and mould kit, and produce a Unicron head...) I absolutely love my Prime, wish I kept the ****ing box, (hard to keep the dust out of all those amazing detailed grooves), but I am completely smitten by Metroplex. He's an incredible robot to look at, tall and lanky, it's pretty ****ing sweet. Metroplex and Primus would definately be the ones for me to call 'the best'.
As much as I love my Armada Unicron toy, there is just something about the size of his... head, that suggests that he is not a giant planet devourer. Test shots of the Beast Wars Neo Unicron looked so much cooler (and strangely seem to look a little like Primus's mould). I wish they made Beast Wars Neo Unicron, he seemed a little more in proportion (in spherical). I hope one day they have another go at Unicron.

http://www.bwtf.com/bwneo/toys/unicron/robotmode.jpg

As a side note, has anyone been following the Classics Line releases?! These toys look absolutely AMAZING! I hope like Hell they come over to New Zealand!
cowscows527
Protoform

Post by cowscows527 »

I have a few that I'd nominate for greatest, in no particular order:

1) Magnaboss (beast wars)
2) Rail Racer (RID)
3) Upcoming "Toys R Us" Soundwave
4) Unicron (Cybertron)
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Cybertron Primus is an awesome toy too.
Big Show
Protoform

Post by Big Show »

I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but my favorite growing up was Fortress Maximus. When I got him for Christmas, he was nearly as tall as I was, and I was awed by him.

All of the minis fit in in so many different places in city mode. The robot mode was really impressive. It was the coolest. I wasn't too impressed by the battle station mode, but who cares? He saw that mode maaaybe a couple of times.

As an adult, I view it as my most prized toy. I had to rescue him from an ungrateful relative in Vermont, and he is far from mint, but I love to look up from my computer chair and see him standing guard over the legion of TF's and other action figures that he dwarfs.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

i always liked G1 Omega Supreme
One shall stand, One shall fall...
Duozenith558
Protoform

Post by Duozenith558 »

Shockwave was and always be awesome.
Petatron 2006
Protoform

Post by Petatron 2006 »

Ive always liked Trypticon
ColdBain
Protoform

The G1 'Big Toys'

Post by ColdBain »

I love all the bases from the G1 Period. My favourite three are Trypticon, Omega Supreme and Metroplex. (Luckily enough I have the box and styrofoam insert for each to keep them 'safe'). I've heard a lot of good things about the Scorponok toy, (which is precisely why it is on my 'to get' list). Jetfire, Sky Lynx and Scorponok (all with box and styrofoam insert) is going to be my crusade for the next year or so. As far as Transformer toys goes, of all the G1 series, these large dudes would have to be my favourite.
(Am I looking for a boxed Fortress Maximus? Yeah, I'm looking, but at the price that they're going for, I'm not paying yet. I hope I get rich soon!)
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

I want Fort Max so badly too.

Then I'd buy WSTs to hang around him. :D
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
I want Fort Max so badly too.

Why? The only thing he has going for him is that he's big. He's not terribly well-designed, and he has zero articulation.