[New RPG] Time for a change! - Quintesson planning thread

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Blaster

Time for a change! - Quintesson planning thread

Post by Blaster »

Okay this is something that has bugged me for a while now, and it's not getting better. It dawned on me when the person playing Grimlock said "Grimlock couldn't lose to Sunstreaker, pffffft!" And then I started thinking "Why not?" In the original universe I would be compelled to listen to you. In the comics, the cartoon, yeah he wouldn't lose. But in this universe? Why is that such a certainty?

In this universe how do we know he would win out right without a challenge? I started to read character profiles more closely and I realized that we're just rebooting the old RPG. New RPG, same characters. Nothing was changing. The Universe has somehow rebooted and everyone is... some how, going to turn out the exact same even with new origins? None of the characters who were on the edge of their allegiances were swayed to switch sides, they still fell in line with their original character type. Personalities are the same, jobs are the same.

Why did we start the game over if we're just going to do everything the same?

Now, that is out there I am giving people a chance to change things up with me, even just slightly! I have made a decision and it is thus: Sunstreaker and Sideswipe are not going to Earth. Not at the beginning, possibly not ever. They're not staying on Cybertron, and may never get to go home.

They're going to a different planet that was important in Transformers lore and they're going to meet aliens who become important in Transformers lore. I don't wanna go alone. As much fun as I could have with just Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, I don't want to be alone. I want people to come with me.

My idea is this. Sunstreaker is going to not want to fight in a war. He's too rich and too pretty to put himself on the line. He is going to hi-jack one of the shuttles or offer out his own personal shuttle to ferry people off of Cybertron and he isn't going to take it to the rest of the Autobots. He's going to take it to the next best place for someone like him. A place he can keep making money and keep fighting in gladiatorial fights, which is what he enjoys. He's going to do so with no care about what others want and he's going to strand them all on the planet of the technologically advanced, corrupt business oriented planet of the Quintessons, Quintessa.

Quintessa will be an economic hub of the galaxy, with the Quintessons' financial reach going over many sectors. More than just Quintessons will inhabit Quintessa, people, creatures and sentient robots of all types will be there. I'll be doing a more thorough back story for the Quintessons, but for now I want to see if there is any interest in starting to really change things up and coming with me.

So, join me won't you! Lets start doing things different and new asap!
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

That's not a bad idea. None of my characters are likely to follow Sunny, though...

Though I never said that Grimlock can't be beaten by Sunstreaker, only that I'd prefer for it not to happen so early in the game.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

I ask again. Who wants to come to play in Quintesson space?!
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

If the Junkions can interact I'm all in.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

It's possible Topspin could be sent as part of a small military force or something along those lines into Quint space, if any other Autobots want to go along, or I could grab another character and send him there. Either way, I'm up for sending someone that way :)
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I'd like to send someone, but I can't decide who. Smokescreen or Red Alert probably.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warpath might go, I think. Depending on whether there is incentive.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blackjack wrote:Warpath might go, I think. Depending on whether there is incentive.
Incentive? What? Do you want a ****ing cookie?
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Blaster wrote:Incentive? What? Do you want a ****ing cookie?
If cookies are handed out, then I'll go. But only if there's cookies. :glance:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

I'll send at least Camshaft. Possibly Sky-Byte as well.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Myles: Enjoy setting up your Quints. Sorry I took so long. http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=49923

Everyone else: Enjoy the 'mysterious' foreshadowing... :glance:
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

@ Warcry & Myles: Can I play a Quintesson?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blackjack wrote:@ Warcry & Myles: Can I play a Quintesson?
Let me finish their back story and yes
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Do Quintessons and other assorted organics count to our eight-character tally?
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

soo Junkions? Yay nor nay for the Quintesson space Blaster?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

MortalTreason wrote:soo Junkions? Yay nor nay for the Quintesson space Blaster?

They'll be there. They'll be in the Quintesson backstory when posted.

Edit- Which means you should probably take that profile down.

For two reasons. One, you don't even know what the Junkions are and two, Junkions for the most part don't even exist yet.
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

post the backstory faster!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

MortalTreason wrote:post the backstory faster!
We are months away from even introducing them for a full time run.

I have a ton of time to write and re-write everything before I have to put it in stone.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I might have Razorclaw join you. If you want him that is :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!