[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Dark Messiah (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Lab, Fearless

Stratus levered his arm cannon round to point at Nightstick.

"I am not a Stratus clone I am a mech in my own right and I have a vision of my own. You see Cyclonus the Matrix speaks to me also. You are no longer the only chosen one by participating in this process you have embued all these clones with the potential to be the chosen one. The Matrix sees you cannot defeat the Imperials single handed. The voices talk to me, the Matrix and Straxus they all talk to me and tell me what to do it is my destiny I am a willing pawn, you Cyclonus are last years model I Lord Straxus will defeat the Imperials and rule the decepticon Empire, nooooooo I am not Straxus I am my own mech, I am not the pawn of the matrix I am an industrialist. CYclonus tell me WHO am I???????????? What should I do ??? All I wanted was to make Cybertron a better place . Why oh why can't I remember anything from before. I just wanted to make better and cleaner fuel and upgrades. "

Stratus' cannon glowed in preparation of firing.

"I must not kill you I must kill Megatron, but nooooo helpp meeeee."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Science Lab, Fearless

Cyclonus saw Stratus shift his aim to Nightstick. He pondered the possibility of explaining to the obviously insane scientist that the Nebulan -- ex-Nebulan now, he suspected -- had been rebuilt by the Matrix as well, but didn't think it would do any good. Besides, he would put his trigger speed over some scientist's any day of the week. Instead, he tried a different tactic.

"You mean you don't know? The Megatron we're facing today isn't real, Stratus. He's a fraud. A Quintesson plaything left behind to draw us into destroying ourselves. Killing him won't mean anything, not to you."

With the other Transformer's madness hopefully stoked, Cyclonus took his chance. Letting Stratus push him away with the haft of his axe, the Targetmaster fired Nightstick as soon as he was out of the madmech's line of fire. Black beams burst forth from one of the gun's auxiliary ports, aimed at Stratus's face in the hopes of deadening his senses long enough for Cyclonus to neutralize him safely -- and non-lethally.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Lab, Fearless

Stratus reeled back blinded and flailed blindly with the axe

"aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh all my planning for nought, even the Quintessons have long escaped my potential wrath. All my plans, my arsenals , my war machines, the clones, the triplechangers , the wargases, the infiltrators, the secret agents all for nothing. Do you know how many credits I possess and what I have done with them, all for nothing.

Stratus toppled forward, looking dangerously like he was going to impale himself on his axe.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

"Right away, Lord." Barricade contacted Iacon. "This is Barricade from Gigatron's Decepticons. Lord Gigatron wishes to talk to you. It's about the Imperial threat looming upon all of us."

Corridors, Fearless

"Trypticon, Leozack, respond!" Scorponok growled into the commlink system the moment Gigatron spoke out their names. Damned future Decepticons...

Sounds of gunfire from the science laboratories caught Scorponok's attention. He thought of another Imperial sleeper agent, but then things clicked together.

"Stratus! Damn him."

Scorponok pulled out his spear and charged back towards the science laboratories. "Gigatron, if he is not stopped the clones will be all over us!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Science Lab, Fearless

Cyclonus took a step back from the blinded Stratus, then switched Nightstick over into a different fire mode and targeted the industrialist with oxidizing laser blasts. He aimed for the joints, trying to rust the other Transformer into place so that he couldn't hurt himself -- or anything else, for that matter.

"Not all for nothing," he told the other Decepticon. "All for the cause. All for the Matrix. We all have our roles to play in the Grand Scheme, even those of us who aren't lucky enough -- or cursed enough -- to know what their roles are. Your role was an important one, and you've carried it out to the letter. But now it's time for you to stand aside and let the rest of us carry out ours."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Lab , Fearless

Stratus rusted into place leaning forward at an awkward angle.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Science Laboratories, Fearless

"Die, traitor!" Scorponok charged into the laboratories, anti-gravity rifle charged. He opened fire at Stratus.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Science Lab, Fearless

"Hold!" Cyclonus snapped at Scorponok. "The traitor has been neutralized and I want to preserve him for study later. Can you float him to somewhere where he won't be able to cause any damage?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Science Labs, Fearless

"Will do." Scorponok shrugged, aimed his anti-gravity cannon at Stratus and fired, sending a bubble that would send the Straxus clone helplessly floating in the air.

It struck Scorponok how readily he took Cyclonus' order. He has... the bearings of a leader. It was ironic, really, considering how several years ago Cyclonus was serving under him in Nebulos...

"Where do you want me to put him?"

As he spoke, the Fearless shuddered as Barricade (presumably) took it into the air.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Science Labs, Fearless

"Does the medical wing have any padded rooms?" Cyclonus asked Scorponok dryly.

As the ship took off, the Targetmaster frowned. "We're moving? To Protihex, I imagine, to face Thunderwing and his minions?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Labs , Fearless

"Don't forget the need to duck."

muttered Stratus enigmatically.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Science Labs, Fearless

"We could stuff him in the brig. Or one of the unclaimed quarters, they have deadlocks." Scorponok told Cyclonus. He shrugged as he rapped his claw at the walls of the corridor. "Gigatron told us to ready the Fearless for launch. We don't have a heading, but yes, I guess that's where we'll be going."

Turning to Stratus, he snorted. "Shut up, you."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Science Labs, Fearless

Cyclonus shrugged. "Wherever you decide is fine with me," he told Scorponok. "I'm going to head up to the bridge to make sure that everything is under control. Once our...guest is secured, you'll join me?"

The Targetmaster walked out, heading toward the nearest turbolift.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Labs Fearless

unnoticed in a corner a piece of equipment labelled 2DUK blinked lights on its front flashing.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Fearless

"Of course." Scorponok told Cyclonus. He turned around, dragging the floating bubble that contained Stratus along with his tail. He stopped in front of an officer's quarters, that belonged to Skullcruncher (Scorponok never liked Skullcruncher, he's noisy and irritating) and opened the door.

Scorponok made sure there were no vents or anything that could facilitate Stratus' escape (and more importantly, a security camera) and shoved the floating Stratus inside. "Stay." Scorponok then slammed the door and engaged the security deadlocks, normally meant to protect the officer inside from exterior threats, now a prison to the room's occupant.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Science Labs, Fearless

Oblivious to what Stratus was up to, Cyclonus made his way to the bridge. Once he got there, he tracked down the officer of the watch and said, "What's our status?"

"Ready to launch, sir."

"Then do so. I want us in Protihex within the hour!"

"Sir..." the soldier said, obviously torn, "shouldn't we wait for Lord Gigatron's order?"

"No," Cyclonus told him, "we shouldn't. Gigatron, like any good leader, expects his troops to have a mind of their own and do what needs to be done without having their hands held. We wouldn't want to disappoint him, would we?"

"No sir," the officer said, obviously convinced by Cyclonus's words. "Helm, you heard him. Best speed for Protihex."

Cyclonus settled into the captain's chair. "Thank you," he told the officer. "Sound general quarters as well. I want everyone ready for battle when we arrive."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

Scorponok trooped into the Bridge, and tracked down Cyclonus... not a difficult feat, considering that the Targetmaster was on the captain's chair, the most visible perch on the bridge.

"The betrayer is secure." Scorponok told Cyclonus as he strode towards the chair, wondering since when did he report to the Unicron spawn... and why he wasn't bothered by it. "I have sent a security detail to watch the quarter he is floating in."

After a pause, he scanned the bridge for Gigatron. "Where is our fearless leader, anyway?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

"I'm sure he has important things to attend to," Cyclonus told Scorponok, doing his best to disguise his utter indifference for whatever Gigatron might actually be up to.

Glancing down at the chronometer at the base of the bridge's main viewscreen, he said, "We'll be in Crystal City in two breems. Are the troops ready to attack?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge, Fearless

Gigatron strode in to the bridge.

"I have been consulting with our intelligence officers. It would seem Starscream is now in charge in Polyhex. His reactions to the current situation or even knowledge of it is unknown, Astrotrain is reported dead, so I imagine Soundwave will be attempting to become the power behind the throne as normal."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

Cyclonus slowly rose from the captain's chair and nodded to Gigatron.

"Naturally. Considering the situation, do you think it would be a good idea for us to approach them for aid?"

Frowning, the Targetmaster started to pace. "I doubt they're in any position to hurt us -- or help us for that matter, considering what it must have taken to get rid of the Megatron clone. But it could be a good first step toward reuniting the Decepticons, especially once Starscream's followers tire of his childish behaviour."