[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Outside the Medbay, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Prowl shrugged and gestured at the MARB's parked nearby. "Take one of the MARB's. They can be keyed in to follow emergency personnel, so you won't have to be troubled for steering. Just keep your good hand on the handle so you do not fall off."

Prowl tilted his head. "That is very thoughtful of you, Raiku. Although in any case, with Roadbuster with you, your group will certainly have no shortage of weaponry."

Prowl transformed into his hovercar mode as the MARB was brought over by an Autotrooper who programmed it to tail Prowl. "When you are ready, gentlemen -- we need to make haste."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"It's... more to give him some security," Raiku answered, giving a bit of an awkward frown. The time in the tunnels with Red Alert had given Raiku an idea of how twitchy the police officer was, and all of the latest happenings certainly weren't going to help. He hoped the gesture would at least keep him settled enough to be able to function reasonably.

Raiku moved over to the MARB that Prowl had indicated, taking a moment to stow the spare gun in a storage compartment before climbing on and getting himself situated for the ride.

Hound took up position near the MARB, ready to transform and move out once the others were ready to move.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

A psychological thing. Smokescreen would approve... Prowl had not... considered that. Hopefully Red Alert will not compromise this mission. Then again, Red Alert was the least of his worries.

Prowl nodded and gave the former civilian a smile. "It is a highly logical decision. Good call, Raiku."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Raiku gave a sort of half-concerned shrug at the praise. "Logical, psychological... My last employer was worried I might go loony from people looking at me funny because of my optics, stuck me in a contract to visit a head doctor once a week," Raiku found himself explaining to Prowl.

"Thankfully he was smart enough to realize I didn't need any real therapy. We wound up just talking on most of our visits. I taught him to maintain his appliances, he shared a few lessons with me. Actually, that guy's the reason why I wound up with Red Alert in the first place."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"In any case, Ratchet will flip my office table if I attempt to do something like that, so you will not have to worry about it." Prowl paused. "That is a joke."

Prowl sighed. "If it makes you better, you're not the only one here that needs meetings with a psychologist every now and then."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Raiku had given Prowl an expression that was hard to read (probably the visor), as though still trying to get a handle on understanding Prowl. As Hound had relayed, Raiku had first taken Prowl to be someone like his unscrupulous employer - perceiving him as someone more like himself seemed to take some effort.

"Well I didn't need any of those meetings, but I guess it might've helped every so often. I know Smokescreen would've rather been handling other patients most of the time, but he stayed a good sport about it."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lower Levels, Sentinel Prime Defence Base

Starscream flattened himself against the wall as Ironhide fired a riot cannon at him, narrowly avoiding being scorched.

"Well, that's my cue to exit," he said. "Thundercracker, good luck holding down the fort."

Phase-shifting, he stepped back into the wall, side-stepped and walked out again, this time on the other side of the force field.

"You know," he told the other seeker as he slipped back into phase, "if you hadn't blown up both of the auto-guns I'd be able to give you some covering fire..."

Instead he fired his null ray into the door control, unlocking the room the other guards had retreated into. Cloaking, he pushed the door open and stepped inside.

(OOC: Blackjack, how many Autotroopers are we talking about in here? I need to figure out how creative he needs to get to kill them all.)

South East Border, Iacon

"I know!" Predacon agreed with Scorponok. "Uncouth barbarians! We should conquer them and civilize them by force, what?"

He was about to toss out another cocky one-liner when Rapido shot him again, blowing off a chunk of his shoulder armour.

"Ow!" He stumbled, but didn't fall this time. "Oh, you're in for it now, Auto-brat!"

Roller-skating toward Rapido, he veered unpredictably from side to side to make himself harder to hit and swung his now-pliable whiplash cutlass through the air to ward off anyone foolish enough to try to engage him at close range.

"I'm going to cut you up, Mr. Red and Green!"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Oh scrap. Oh scrap!" The two Autotroopers closest to where Starscream opened the door took reflexive steps backwards, before bringing their sidearms to bear. "Stand down! Stand down!"

The other eight Autotroopers in the room (making ten total) pulled out their respective weapons, and trained it towards Starscream.

From one of the cells at the end of the corridor, Skywarp would laugh maniacally, his voice reverberating through the brig. "You're all going to die, you're all going to die, and there's nothing you can do to stop it!"

South East Border, Iacon

"You know, Predacon, stick with 'uncouth barbarians'. The rest of your insults are... wanting." Scorponok called out at the other Decepticon as he roller-bladed away.
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Roof, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

"I know..I know.." Quickswitch mused as he raked his claws over the roof, disquieted, "Ultra Magnus is an amazing soldier... The best.. What did they do to him?!" this last was snarled out.

He remained on the roof, next to Talonflame.

How could anything happen to him. He's the best, apart from the Prime lineage. He was one of my inspirations for joining the Autobots! Been so out of the loop.

Suddenly, the six changer seized and changed forms to hydrofoil mode. A painful contortion of his cog.

"Uahh--" he breathed, then repeated more faintly, "What did they do?"
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"It's classified." Talonflame sighed. "But crumbs from the top told me enough -- but you didn't get it from me. I'm not very clear about it, but apparently the 'Cons captured Magnus. Would've been one thing if the bastards killed him. But no, they apparently did something much more horrid."

Talonflame's optics dimmed, then brightened again. "The higher-ups don't want us to know, all the Elite Guard leaders were told is that he's undergoing some kind of super awesome treatment or whatever. He'll survive. He has to."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Prowl's tailfins tilted slightly at Raiku's words.

"Smokescreen is... my brother." Prowl said, and made a noise that might be a chuckle. "He keeps telling me that actual conversation is a much better tool for a psychologist than actually prying out information from the patients. Especially cases such as you and I, who are not technically insane, but more... troubled, would you not say?"
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Classified? That figures. But of course it would be.

Quickswitch felt a shiver well up within him as Talonflame spoke, as well as confusion.

What's so terribly worse than death? he wondered, not voicing his concern to Talonflame.

"Magnus is the best soldier we have," he said, certainly, "He's tough. He'll get through whatever the Decepticons put him through."

The six changer believed it, without a shred of doubt in his vocorder.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Talonflame nodded. "Amen to that, brother." He paused, glanced at the six-changer and shrugged at his obvious unsettled body language. "Yeah, there are a lot of fates worse than death. Death is a big nuisance, but it's also a great release. Dying is easy. Surviving through all the pain in the enemy camp... torture... all that is not easy. Especially when you're trying not to betray everything you stand for."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Raiku didn't answer Prowl, that still unreadable, but now somehow considerative expression on his face.

It was hard for Raiku really perceive and believe that he had wound up in a group of people that he had closer ties to than he realized before now. And yet, despite the fact that his life was on the line still, he felt that he was in a better position here than he had ever been in his life. Something felt right about it... and it would never have happened, not if someone hadn't been trying to assassinate him...

The mention of Smokescreen seemed to have caught Hound's attention, but he said nothing, and quickly returned to waiting at the ready and monitoring the area.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Military District, Iacon

Volks chuckled. "You being polite?" he said to Red Alert. "We're all going to die, aren't we?" Volks started programming his virus, but couldn't help to keep interacting with Red Alert. While he doubts that he'll ever warm up to him, it at least was nice to have somebody to talk to instead of somebody ordering you around.

"You know what's funny? The moment I learned that the whole communications network was in control of a single entity, I told Sentinel Prime that this Soundwave shouldn't have that much power. That it would corrupt him," he informed Red Alert. "You know what's even more funny? Looks you and me have found some common ground. Now I definitely know we are going to get scrapped," Volks said with a sigh.

Volks looked up when Red Alert mentioned that he was surprised he wasn't Decepticon. "Who says I'm not?" Volks said jokingly, trying to prod Red Alert just a little. "You're right though. A lot of 'guys like me' joined up with them but most of them, but you know what the biggest difference is between me and them? I never gained anything from the crimes that I committed. Unlike them I never did it for personal gain," Volks continued as he started working on his datapad again.

"You know those rumors about Senator Scorponok? Even though it was never proven, he was stealing money from his own workers. All I did was hack his account and take back the money that he stole and give it to the people that deserve it," he said as he looked back up again. "That was the first time I ever did something like that and I would do it again if it meant that I would be helping those in need." Volks shrugged. "But what do you care, right?"

(ooc: man, Red Alert brings out the best in Volks :))

"Yeah well I was too busy trying not to get scrapped," Thundercracker replied to Starscream about the turrets. "Nothing they can do that I can't," he added. "You just bust Skywarp out so we can get out of here. I'll keep those bit-brain's busy," he said as he dropped to the ground to avoid Ironhide's attack and then rolled to the side for cover.

South East Border, Iacon

Speakers retracting, Jazz fell backwards on his back to getting his by Scorponok's gravity gen and then kickflipped back up. "I care to see you getting your tail kicked" Jazz replied to Scorponok as he jumped back, creating some distance between them and unleashed another salvo of flame rounds at the large mech.

Jazz looked over his shoulder when he saw Sandstorm and Topspin approach. "I'm dealing with four hostiles. Three of those underground scorpion digging things and Scorponok himself. The big guy's right in front of me. Hard to miss him!"

Springer banked to the left, but couldn't avoid the assault from Thrust and suffered some minor damage. With Thrust flying straight at him, Springer decided to meet him head on and flew straight at him firing off a rocket as he did.

Then just before he would reach Thrust, Springer transformed mid air, drew his sword and slashed at Thrust with it, before he would drop down to the ground.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Prowl would not reply to Raiku either, merely waiting in silence for Roadbuster to join them.

South East Border, Iacon

"No sense of proper drama, don't you?" Scorponok sighed in exasperation, seemingly caring more about the execution of Jazz's catchphrases than actually battling the Autobot. "You say something like then when you're really kicking my tail. I even got one!"

Scorponok himself took two large steps backwards as Jazz unleashed his flamethrower, the flames causing the three remaining Scorpobabies to scuttle back, two of which immediately burrowed back into the ground. The last Scorpobaby was caught by Jazz's flamethrower and screeched and scuttled away batting ineffectively at its back with its claws.

Scorponok's shoulder cannons took aim at Jazz and would open fire once more, as he smiled. "Come, come, there is plenty of Scorponok for all of you."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Lower Levels, Sentinel Prime Defense Base:

Ironhide stormed into the room, noting Starscream's moving through the wall. 'Well, ain't that a kick in th' skidplates....'. Swinging the riot cannon around towards Thundercracker, he added it's fire to that of the Scrapmaker, yelling back up the shaft. "Awrahght, Hyperchin, come on, an' bring th' rest'a th' squad!"

Arsenal:

Windcharger rolled up, transforming to robot mode and walking in. "Prowl sent me. How's Magnus doing?"

Outside Medbay, Sentinel Prime Defense Base:

Roadbuster strode up to Prowl, Raiku, and Hound. "Everybody ready?". Then he turned to look at Prowl. "You want us to bring anything back? Soundwave's head, maybe?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Lower Levels, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

"What the frag is all your problem with the chin?" Sentinel snapped as he let go of the grapple line, landing in a crouch. His free hand pulled out his energy lance and activated it, the energon blade extending to the length of a sword.

"The rest of you troopers, move it, move it! Come on, you morons, I don't train you to stand and look stupid!" Sentinel yelled up, and the Autotroopers following them down with grapple lines landed around Sentinel.

Sentinel Prime turned around to face Thundercracker, regarding him through his visored battle mask. "Where is the other one?" Sentinel asked Ironhide. "As for you -- under the full authority of Sentinel Prime -- stand down."

Outside Medbay, Sentinel Prime Defense Base:

"I would prefer you blow everything up, actually, Roadbuster. Bringing back the head is tempting fate, asking someone to get to him and revive him." Prowl replied amicably to the larger Autobot. "Autobots -- let's go."

Prowl's sirens slid out from their recessed compartments, and hover-engines lifted Prowl ever so slightly above the ground, and he shot into the streets, heading towards the warehouse district where he had set up his rendezvous with Volks and Red Alert.
Chip1123
Protoform

South East Border, Iacon

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust rolled to avoid the rocket Springer had fired, but didn't see the other bot jump to meet him with his sword until it was too late. The sword sliced through his left wing.

Thrust yelled and grunted words that could not be understood as he crashed into the ground and transformed, dazed and wounded.

--------------------

Topspin fired his rifle at Scorponok, attempting to take the biggest threat out first. "Sandstorm, can you take out those diggers?"

--------------------

Rapido heard Predacon's shouts as he was dealing with the scorpobabies, and knew he must have gotten his attention. "Hot Rod, Heads up! Sounds like we're about to have some company of the more traditional kind. Sounds right up your alley."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Southeast Border, Iacon

"No, he cannot!" Scorponok yelled out at Topspin. "Unless he has some kind of innate ability to create earthquakes, in which case my little digging pets are doomed."

Topspin's shots slammed onto his chest. The armor held, but Scorponok visibly winced from the pain, taking a step backwards.