POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Received Masterpiece Bluestreak yesterday. After how blown away I was with Smokescreen, I decided I really wanted a representative of the other configuration of the mould. Having always disliked Prowl, and wanting a character to sport shoulder launchers (after all, Prowl didn't in the cartoon as far as I recall?), I opted for Bluestreak. He also has the bonus of looking gorgeous of course.

I'm very pleased with my purchase indeed! Although Smokescreen was my fave Datsun as a child, I actually find myself enjoying Bluestreak more. I guess he has a more subtle deco, and a much nicer head sculpt (although I do prefer Smokescreen's shoulders and find Bluestreak's chest to be much more difficult to clip in and out in robot mode). I'm very glad I took the bother to track down a couple of the Amazon exclusive shoulder launchers though - the built in ones are really rubbish, whereas the exclusives just look awesome! They did set me back a further £8 GBP, but I'd say it was more than worth the cost to spruce the fellow up (Bluestreak cost £40 GBP himself, delivered)!

I may even end up picking up Prowl's Western release if he hits the UK at reasonable prices - this really is a wonderful mould!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Thinking back, yeah, maybe I should have brought over Streak instead of Smokescreen to the UK. Smokescreen has that extra flair and tons of paint/remoulding, but Streak is just minimalistically PERFECT.

If news of the "special edition" from BBTS are true, we *might* be getting a blue release that I'll eat up in a second.

Glad you like Streak and the extra missiles. I'm wondering whether I should get those missiles for Prowl one day.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Three cheery little Micromaster Stations for me, all loose and complete with instructions (ooh):

Greasepit - probably the king of these Polly Pocket playsets. Yeah, the pumps are comically large, but the box little petrol station is cute and I love how this thing just opens up and is...WEAPONS!!! Greasepit himself is cute and for once, the use of grey doesn't come over as boring.

Hothouse - A fire station, not with a tender but er, an aircraft that can't fit in the garage. Sigh. The building converting into a huge tank is pretty cool and Hothouse is a decent figure, if a little uncomfortable looking in robot mode. And he can't move his arms.

Airwave - outwardly a bit feeble, but like Greaspit, his value as a proper working playset is immense. He's an aircraft and comes with an airport. Hooray! The runway is a bit on the short side, but I like you can put it in a couple of different configurations. The missile launcher mode is funny as hell, with Airwave looking like a naughty child hiding in a massive box. I like that Airwave is bright red and makes a good contrast to the mainly grey of the airport.

Over twenty years on and these are still bloody good fun and really show the potential of Micro Transformers, something today's Cyberverse and Legion toys have really failed to do.

...I want Ironworks now so I can make a little village :)
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

I just got a nice new delivery via UPS today. The Platinum Edition Grimlock and Bruticus set. It is SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!! Bruticus is rightfully huge and very nicely articulated in both his various component forms and as a combined unit. Unlike some others, I actually like that Onslaught is Deluxe class because it means Bruticus can actually fit in the alcove of the shelving unit I have my figures displayed.

Grimlock is just plain awesome. He's big, beefy, and totally badass looking in both modes. I like to have his T-rex arms facing up and spread out a bit behind his back in robot mode. It gives him a real G1 vibe even without the full "wings". If I had one issue with him is the fact that his dino mode hips are locked into place.

Overall, I am one happy camper.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Generations Doubledealer - reduced at Kapow.

I went into this knowing how 'horrrific' the Blitzwing mould is. And also because a)Blitzwing was out of stock and b) I rather liked the look of Doubledealer.

He's actually pretty mega. Okay, yeah there's the business with the shoulders, but other than that he's great fun. I really like him :)
numbat

Post by numbat »

Got MP-8 Grimlock in the post today, complete with that transforming crown-coin-thing and the flame-sheath for his sword. Really looking forward to getting the chance to open him up - possibly the last foray into big Transformers buying for a while with the baby due imminently! Rushed off my feet though, so probably won't get him open until tomorrow or the weekend. He does look gorgeous though... Look at all that chrome!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skyquake87 wrote:I went into this knowing how 'horrrific' the Blitzwing mould is. And also because a)Blitzwing was out of stock and b) I rather liked the look of Doubledealer.

He's actually pretty mega. Okay, yeah there's the business with the shoulders, but other than that he's great fun. I really like him :)
Bltizwing isn't a horrific mould, it's the QC that is horrible. He's a great concept that was turned into a sub-par toy thanks to bad execution.

Doubledealer still has the shoulder problem? That really sucks. Would've thought that they fixed it. :(
Kungfu Dinobot

Lots of people think they can outsmart me.....

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Got Rhinox a couple days ago.

Transformation is a bit of a cluster**** but the results is a badass figure (i.e. ROTF Optimus). Big, wide shoulder, chunky tibias (though not stupidly thick like half the HMS cast), and those chest teeth.... I don't know what to say, lol

Beast, don't have much articulation (except for the mouth, but that's part of the trasformation) but it's looks suitably manly (as a rhinoceros should) and is really cute:love:

Nowadays, Rhinox reminds me of Heavy Weapons Guy, I call that new perpception the cherry on top!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I wandered forth into the Cursed Earth and found...

Armada Starscream and Scoop!

Scoop is interesting. They cut the yellow paint app on the scoop, so he looks kinda plain in vehicle mode. His transformation is more complex then expected but still pretty damned simple. There are 12 steps listed on his instructions, 4 of which relate to his scoop. He's got pretty good articulation, although not awesome. He's also a bright orange. Like creamsicle orange. His Targetmasters are pretty much what you'd expect if you've dealt with Targetmasters before.

Armada Starscream is...pretty neat. His jet mode is a pretty. His swords fold up and store under his wings. Said wings are on ball joints to give added poseability in robot mode. His articulation isn't perfect, but still very good. His arms are on a hinge and swivel arrangement. The hinged part has an "armpit" piece that is detailed to look like cables so when he lifts his arm it doesn't look really off. He's got 4 mini-con ports, two on his engines/backpack, and one on each arm. While not really necessary these days it's a nice touch.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Opened MP-8 Grimlock last night. I am very pleased!

They've not messed with the G1 transformation at all - just tweaked it to improve the legs and wings. And I love how the dino head lays flush against his back between the wings. A bit of a shame the waist seems a bit wobbly - as if it doesn't lock into place properly in robot mode (but then, MP Starscream is way worse...). I know everyone has said this about him already, and he's been reviewed and praised to death, so I won't wax lyrical. I missed out first time round due to my employment circumstances, so I really felt I had to pick up the reissue before my first child came along (any day now) and changed my financial situation again.

The extras that come with this reissue (assuming the seller / store you buy him from doesn't charge extra for these - fortunately Robotkingdom don't) are pretty neat. The flame sheath for the sword struck me as random (does Grimlock ever have this in the G1 cartoon or comics? I can't remember...), but actually looks great on display. It also lights up nicely with the arm-light gimmick thingy. Downside is it's pretty heavy, and so limits poseability as the wrist joint is just too weak to hold it anyother way than up or down. The coin that transforms into a crown? Well, forget the 'transforms' part straight away (although I notice this has been dropped from most listings now)! It's just a cardboard box, with a plastic coin-shapped box within, that's a bugger to open. Within the plastic coin is pretty heavy metal crown, which is fitted to Grimlock's head. So, the exclusive accessories are hardly necessary (unlike, say, Bluestreak's shoulder launchers!), but you could say that about the waiter outfit for Grimlock's T-rex mode that comes as standard anyway. in fact, I'd take the flame sheath and crown over the waiter getup anyday.

Also items on eBay.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

numbat wrote:The flame sheath for the sword struck me as random (does Grimlock ever have this in the G1 cartoon or comics? I can't remember...)
Not in the 80s if memory serves, but his sword was pretty frequently shown to be on fire in the Dreamwave books.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Got Scoop this weekend. Debated between him and Armada Starscream as I could only afford one (or so my wife told me). I left it up to my daughter, who chose Scoop. Who would have thought a 3 1/2 year old would pick the bright orange one?

I like Scoop, but he's kinda bland. The orange creamscicle color is nice, as are the Targetmasters. As mentioned above by Thunderwave, the transformation is simplified, but not so much as to ruin the fun. Knowing almost nothing about Scoop, I was optimistic I would like the character after reading the included comic. Little did I know he'd be on about two pages and trapped in a cell. No help there.

I think I will still look for Starscream when I get paid again because he looks pretty neat.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Went into Big Lots(aka Where Unsold Toys Go To Die Or Be Discounted), and found something I didn't mind paying the discounted price for.

For the not too bad sum of $15, I got the KRE-O Optimus Prime. All five trillion pieces of him.

Okay, there aren't quite that many, but there are a lot. What I can't figure out is why they've got a G1 Prime head on a Movie Prime body design.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Skyquake87
Protoform

:)

Post by Skyquake87 »

ganon578 wrote:I like Scoop, but he's kinda bland. The orange creamscicle color is nice, as are the Targetmasters. As mentioned above by Thunderwave, the transformation is simplified, but not so much as to ruin the fun. Knowing almost nothing about Scoop, I was optimistic I would like the character after reading the included comic. Little did I know he'd be on about two pages and trapped in a cell. No help there.
Well, the original was hardly a model of complexity, so it would have to go some way to be even simpler than that...! :lol:
Clay

Post by Clay »

Saw some Beast Hunters deluxe figures on two-for-one clearance, and dammit, I needed a new toy today to fiddle with. :glance:

Opened up the red dragon and blue dragon (Lazerbeast and Skystalker?). Nice, simple, intuitive. Nothing really astonishing about them, but solid fun little figures. I like the blue one more since it can move its dragon head around more freely and crouch on its haunches.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm not that keen on Skystalker (the blue one). I think it's kind of a mess in both modes, especially robot. I got Grimwing on clearance a while back, though, and was very pleasantly surprised. I'm trying to quit buying since I'm in the process of packing away a bunch of my old ones (two 18 gallon tubs and counting), but I know that Predaking will be dropping even lower than $25 at Target soon, and I'm pretty sure he'll be mine. Curse this addiction! I gotta get clean.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Micromaster Station Ironworks

I love these little Micromaster sets. They're so cute and ten times better than the crappy Cyberverse Playsets of today.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Notabot wrote:I'm not that keen on Skystalker (the blue one). I think it's kind of a mess in both modes, especially robot. I got Grimwing on clearance a while back, though, and was very pleasantly surprised. I'm trying to quit buying since I'm in the process of packing away a bunch of my old ones (two 18 gallon tubs and counting), but I know that Predaking will be dropping even lower than $25 at Target soon, and I'm pretty sure he'll be mine. Curse this addiction! I gotta get clean.
That Predaking is $17.50 at my local Targets. The tag on him reads $37, but the price scanner says otherwise. They've been hyper aggressive with their clearance and, on occasion, it'll ring up even less at the register.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Mine has an entire shelf of them that got moved to the clearance aisle toward the end of January. I was kind of assuming (hoping) that they'd drop again to 70% off on February 1, but they didn't. It looks like they're clearing out just about all of the Target exclusives, as they usually have to do.
Clay

Post by Clay »

The great big dragon guy? I might be interested at that price.