Destruction in 2012...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Catalyst Dragon

Destruction in 2012...

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

So what do you guy's think about the whole 2012 thing? Not the movie. The actual Mayan prophasized destruction/renewal. The ancient Mayans ended their calender on December 21, 2012, The winter equinox.(for the western hemisphere anyways)

I've been watching alot of shows and documentarys about it. There was one on Syfy the other night. Did anyone here see it?

What are your opinions? We've had countless "world ending" prophacies in the past and none of them have come true. But the Mayans have been proven to have been quite accurate in theirs. According to one I watched on the History Channel, several ancient Mayan predicted events have occured almost exactly when they said they would!

Many Historians, Scientist, and Archeologist belive that the Mayans and may have had a better understanding of the universe and astronomy than we do today. Several ancient Mayan carvings depict Mayan kings traveling on what looks to be Rocket Ships!

Then theirs things like the pyramids and other wonders of the ancient world to consider. Many, Non-mainstream(typically denouced by the scientific community and popular historical belief) say theirs no way ancient humans with ancient tools could have built these things by themselves without some kind of outside(i.e. alien/godly) help... and from some of the documentarys and articals I've seen,read; I'm inclined to agree with them.

I don't remember where this one show on History channel said they were but there are these Megalith structures somewhere in the Asias' that are perfectly chiseled down to perfect right angles, with the depth of carvings(what I mean is the depth that they cut into the stone) are perfectly strait and the exact same depth from one end to the other! "It's like they were made with some sort of laser chisel!"(that was actually quoted from one of the historians on a of the documentary.)

According to not only the Mayans but the Egyptians, Aztec, and Sumerians, along with many other ancient cultures that I don't remember. The earth has been through several cycles of destruction and renewal. Almost every ancient civilization has a story describing this!

So what do you guy's think?
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's all true, the world's going to end in two years so I suggest quiting your job and blowing all your money on sex drugs and killing your enemies with your bare hands. Nothing bad'll happen to you before the alien overlords destroy the planet anyway.

Does anyone have a conclusive argument as to why aliens would give a **** about building pyramids on some planet they don't otherwise seem to give a **** about? The huamn ego is a marvelous thing, it's really no different from a believe in God making us in his image and really caring about us. "Yeah, aliens travelled millions of light years to secretly run our governments, build the ancient cities and sexually molest Texans because they find us really interesting and irresistable".
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

inflatable dalek wrote:It's all true, the world's going to end in two years so I suggest quiting your job and blowing all your money on sex drugs and killing your enemies with your bare hands. Nothing bad'll happen to you before the alien overlords destroy the planet anyway.
And after I've spent all my money what shall i do for the remaining 23 months?
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
inflatable dalek

the_escaflowne_2k wrote:And after I've spent all my money what shall i do for the remaining 23 months?
Might as well just shoot yourself. It'll be a less painful fate than the terrible horrors the Myan's accurately predicted.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

yup,

I'd suggest you do everything you ever wanted before 22nd of dec. 2012... and if you wake up on that day and nothing changed, well, at least you had fun...

All this alien ancestor and Atlantis stuff: sounds cool for fantasy movies and pc-games, but that's it. If indeed we are the offsprings (planted intentionally on earth) of alien seeds, why the hell did guys with that kind of technology (genetic and technological) leave those "obvious" footprints like huge pictures on the ground or pyramids? If they wanted us to know of them, there would be easier ways and if not, I guess they have had to be smart enough to build and fly spaceships and seed life on earth, but dumb enough to no cover their "architecture" ?

And while we have sonar, radar, GPS they needed huge pictures on the ground for orientation? They would have been able to fly to earth, but not have been able to calculate coordinates on earth from a fixed point in space?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

OH NO 2012 WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE
OH NO LHC WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE
OH NO 6-6-06 WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE
OH NO Y2K WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE

It's just another typical freakout. Plus, the Mayan calender has ended before. The last one was in the 1600s and I'm pretty sure the world didn't end then.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Mayan civilization ended in 1697. Their predictions are not to be trusted if you ask me...
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

inflatable dalek wrote:It's all true, the world's going to end in two years so I suggest quiting your job and blowing all your money on sex drugs and killing your enemies with your bare hands. Nothing bad'll happen to you before the alien overlords destroy the planet anyway.

Does anyone have a conclusive argument as to why aliens would give a **** about building pyramids on some planet they don't otherwise seem to give a **** about? The huamn ego is a marvelous thing, it's really no different from a believe in God making us in his image and really caring about us. "Yeah, aliens travelled millions of light years to secretly run our governments, build the ancient cities and sexually molest Texans because they find us really interesting and irresistable".
Well we did just crash satellites into a bit of the moon, a rock we know to be lifeless and bare just to see if water was there even though the earths surface is mostly H20, just cos.

Imagine what aliens might think of that?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Jetfire wrote:Imagine what aliens might think of that?
They'd probably be more annoyed about the nukes, pollution and melting ice caps. Surely just all the more reason for them to not be bothered with us, right?
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Cliffjumper wrote:Surely just all the more reason for them to not be bothered with us, right?
Maybe it's for them some kind of real time soap opera...

"Oh look what those nutheads did now!"

"BWaha, and they think this will work?"

Maybe this is a common game to bet on the lifetime of a planet: Everyone has to bet on how long it will take a planet to develop sentient beings who will destroy it again.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That would explain an awful lot, wouldn't it?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

It's just another typical freakout. Plus, the Mayan calender has ended before. The last one was in the 1600s and I'm pretty sure the world didn't end then.
How could you be so sure?
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

the_escaflowne_2k wrote:And after I've spent all my money what shall i do for the remaining 23 months?
I'm going to barricade myself in a pub, I'll be in 3 John Scotts if you feel like popping by.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
inflatable dalek

Jetfire wrote:Well we did just crash satellites into a bit of the moon, a rock we know to be lifeless and bare just to see if water was there even though the earths surface is mostly H20, just cos.
To be completely humourless for a second there are perfectly good reasons for finding water on the moon, most obviously not having to lug the stuff up there on future missions would save a great deal of space that could be used for other stuff or to lower fuel costs. I can't think of a single reason for analy assaulting Texans.
Addl wrote:Maybe it's for them some kind of real time soap opera...

There's a very good Robert rankin book about that, where the aliens decide the last few decades of the show have been shit and try to arrange a Bobby Erwig with time travel.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Sixswitch wrote:Mayan civilization ended in 1697. Their predictions are not to be trusted if you ask me...

Subtract a couple hundred years from that number and you'd be more accurate in your statement.