Oh, hey... Botcon is going on

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Kickback is...interesting. I do like the bot mode and the gold and purple accents are pretty darn spiffy, but I can't make out what the hell is what on that 'insect' mode. I guess there's a grasshopper in there somewhere.

Starscream and Sideswipe sound neat. Pity they weren't on display.

As for the remaining convention exclusive reveals...Well, I thought this year's Kick-Off was spot on. It's the only one that I actually liked.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I'm very underwhelmed by the news coming from this years Botcon. Another lean year ahead, I think... :(
Wreck and Rule!
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

I'm quite loving that Kickback. The alt-mode is bizarre, but it doesn't matter since I'm unlikely to be transforming him very much if I get him.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I hope that MP10 is as it looks and has the long smokestacks...I quite like the look of him and might be tempted to pick one up.

Not sure what the big deal about Soundwave is - hasn't he already been out in that configuration?
Terome

Post by Terome »

Am I wrong in liking that big, fat Soundwave? I don't have any Soundwaves. : (
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Soundwave: Not so good, especially since the DLX one is nice and all. Points for mini disc minions.

Thundertron in TFPrime Voyagers: Interesting.

SDCC Bruticus and Cliffjumper: Some*the*fck*body get these for me!

Kickback, Starscream, Sideswipe, more FOCs: Awesome.

Prime figures: Severely underwhelmed by Airrachnid, may get Dreadwing when he's out.

MP Prime, USA edition: Thankfully this was announced before I commited to the USD 270 shipped JPN version. As expected, he's gray where the original was silver, roller is blue, but other than that he's complete. And much cheaper, probably. So I'm getting it.

Verdict: Cheap 2012, just want Prime, Bruticus and Cliffjumper. Can probably get all three with the cash I've saved for the JPN Prime.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Knightdramon wrote:Prime figures: Severely underwhelmed by Airrachnid
Agreed, Airachnid seems quite crap. I had to take a second look to check if it wasn't a Mini-Con.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Not to impressed by any of those Club exclusives, I don't think anyone will weep too heavily if FP are given the boot and these vanish into the either. Certainly I can't see them being a deal breaker for anyone worried about card fraud.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Knightdramon wrote:MP Prime, USA edition: Thankfully this was announced before I commited to the USD 270 shipped JPN version. As expected, he's gray where the original was silver, roller is blue, but other than that he's complete. And much cheaper, probably. So I'm getting it.
I got the Japanese Convoy back in January, and I don't necessarily regret it... I had sold some figures to offset the cost, so it wasn't too bad. The thing that makes me cautious about the Hasbro release is that the past two Masterpiece figures, Rodimus and Grimlock, were nigh impossible to find here. Whether that was a result of poor distribution, scalpers, or something else, I can't say. End result is that I'm not automatically sure I'll ever see one, so I'm happy with the one I've got.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Clay wrote:I got the Japanese Convoy back in January, and I don't necessarily regret it... I had sold some figures to offset the cost, so it wasn't too bad. The thing that makes me cautious about the Hasbro release is that the past two Masterpiece figures, Rodimus and Grimlock, were nigh impossible to find here. Whether that was a result of poor distribution, scalpers, or something else, I can't say. End result is that I'm not automatically sure I'll ever see one, so I'm happy with the one I've got.
I'm about 70 USD out of my pocket and the rest was going to be from selling things, but still it was going to be quite a hit.

Got Rodimus real easy thanks to Notabot in August, and I'm certain that Prime's higher cost [I doubt he's still going to cost 60 USD] will probably offset the initial wave of enthusiastic buyers.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:I'm very underwhelmed by the news coming from this years Botcon. Another lean year ahead, I think... :(
I don't know how lean of a year it really is, since the only things that BotCon revealed for retail would take up a couple of waves of toys. The Prime line was barely mentioned or shown, and it's their main line right now! They FOC line was mostly product we knew about. Nothing new on KreO at all. The revealed Bot Shots are already in some stores, etc.

As for the club subscription, I'm honestly only tempted by Slipstream, though I can see RID Scourge getting in some high demand. The others? Not so much.. way too much 'fan-fic' in a few of the characters (Ultra Mammoth, really?), and versions of others which are out of vogue now (Depth Charge, Circuit, Jackpot)...

Considering that TFCC is still having security issues with their credit-card processing, I'm not tempted enough by Slipstream to get it directly, though. Sadly, RID Scourge is already proving that SOME fans are quite willing to put their entire wallet in jeapordy for a $12 plastic toy.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Ooooo... I so want the Club Exclusive Scourge...

Not much hope of that I guess! Such a shame... I hoped Hasbro would have the sense of doing that one themselves...

Anyone in a position to help me get one of those guys?

The rest are a bit 'meh'. I'm liking Soundwave, but will only pick him up if I come across him at a good price.

My interest in Bruticus is waning and most of the Fall of Cybertron figures just don't do it for me. I'll pick up Shockwave, but that's it.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.