POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The oversized Powerglide KO, not pictured, which goes very nicely with voyager class stuff and MP minibots, FP Browning/Highbrow, and an original Rotorstorm I've cannibalised the head and cockpit from to attach to a Machine Boy KO Warbotron "Vortex" since it's blue. And I think that's the Wreckers / Survivors / Firestormers grab bag shelf done...

http://i.imgur.com/Rimxx7i.jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

I don't know if it's a common problem, but I transformed my CW G2 Dragstrip for just the second time at the weekend (I've been away a lot for work) and he broke. I say second time, but what I mean is I have transformed him in to each of his modes once now and could not get back to car. The issue seems to be the peg which attaches the front of the car is so solidly wedged in that it was never turning, and instead the soft plastic twisted until it came off. After this happened, I could not even budge the end of the peg with a screwdriver! Anyhoo, I'm now awaiting a replacement...

Watch out for that!

(As a general observation, all of the joints on my CW G2 Stunticons are very tight compared with my G1 deco set.)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Picked up a couple more RID Legends whilst they're on sale, having been impressed with Clampdown and Underbite. I got Thunderhoof - has more paint than his Deluxe toy - and Steeljaw (ditto) who both do what their larger toys do, except without elbows.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Combiner Wars Leader Starscream. First TF purchase in months, if not a year or so! I haven't had much interest in CW or RID.

I haven't opened him yet, but he's beautiful. Very hard pressed to shell out $45 for a figure, but at that aesthetic and with that coronation crown, I really couldn't say no (and I really don't want to sell a kidney to get the MP version). Also the very first time I have ever seen him out in the wild.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

G1 Nightbeat - my god, it's gorgeous. I mean, it's pretty typical 1988 fare toywise (well, maybe not so typical, seeing this is the year that brought us Pretenders), but I got this from an Italian seller for €100 shipped and it's in such an amazing condition, you'd almost think it's just been taken out of it's box.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

RID Quillfire - he's a robot porcupine! Er, i think. He's cool, whatever.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Don't know whether it's because they've been picked clean already, but only voyager Galvy and Sentinel for TR stuff in Oldbury and Bham Smyths and nothing in Oldbury TRU apart from largely unreduced really old stuff (as has been the case for the last twenty years plus AFAIR).

Did get a white CW Prime with a view to stickering as Thunderclash and possibly trying to score a junker original for the head.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Picked up the last two Titans Return toys in Smyths Hull. Deluxe Blurr and Scourge, didn't see any others as I assume they've been picked through but I did spot leader CW Skywarp reduced to £30 so I may pick him up at some point.

So far the TR deluxe toys aren't much to look at, a bit plain in the deco-dept.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Not seen any Titan Returns toys... but then I've not been paying attention to release dates. I'm sure will turn up soon.

...I did get a one step changer Springload though. He's fun. He was also reduced to £5 from £10 (really? £10 for these things. Is everyone having a laugh?). Still feels pricy at £5, but it he's such a goofy design I couldn't say no.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

TRU in Cambridge had Titans Return Wheelie, Stripes and another one from the same price point that I can't remember the name of. Didn't buy any, but nice to see new stuff creeping out.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Rewind, presumably. Prefer the FOC one personally.

Seems to be **** all around here, popped into a couple of TRUs and Asdas on the off-chance... at retail or if Kapow get any extra stock of the masters and deluxes I'm interested (more than CW) but not enough to pay over the odds. It'll keep for a few weeks or until TFN if needs be.

Thunderclash coming along nicely with original head, just waiting on Reprolabels.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Denyer wrote:Rewind, presumably. Prefer the FOC one personally.
Nah, was a newer character with a stupid name. Loudmouth, I think. Which, having checked the Wiki, means it's not the same size class. Think it was about the same price though, which is sort of what I meant.

This is what happens when the backing cards are the same size and I don't really pay attention.

There were literally about half a dozen pieces across the three designs. Just thrown in randomly on the same pegs as the existing stuff, so presumably they haven't had enough of a rollout to bother reworking the display for it yet.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Platinum Edition Soundwave - Found marked down to US$80 and, more importantly, there was no anti-theft rope preventing me from opening the flap. Being able to actually see what I was dropping a decent amount of money on made it easier to part with the cash, especially in this case, where the clear plastic looked far better in person than in photos. The multi-tape chest mechanism doesn't work so well, but from what I've read, that's a common problem. Maybe I can fit a blue LED and battery in the extra space, and have him glow blue.

RiD Thunderhoof and Quillfire - These are both fun toys. The animal-based bot modes allow for some pretty unique transformations. Had there ever been a tractor TF before? I just wish Quillfire's doors had a hinge in the middle so his forearms could look more solid and less kibbly.

CW Deluxe Groove - The clear plastic used for the windshield, headlights, and sirens make this guy look good enough that I didn't mind spending twice what a normal CW Deluxe costs. Fortunately, he doesn't stand out enough to look out of place when combined with the other Protectobots.

He was my 24th CW Deluxe, so I could finish my 6th gestalt. Though I spent the extra money on Slingshot, Wildrider, and Groove to make G1-accurate combiners, I think my favorite big guy is Galvatronus with Autobot limbs (Trailbreaker/Hound arms, Mirage/Sunstreaker legs).

Gen Waspinator - The wasp mode doesn't do much to hide the robot arms, and this is coming from someone who just played with CW Groove. Waspinator's still fun, especially with the flappings wings. The bit about sliding the arms to make the beast head split is a nice touch.

TR Hardhead - I know nothing of the character, and didn't have the G1 figure as a kid, so I had no reason to anticipate him. But, he looked good enough in the store that I picked him up. I'm glad I did. Of all the figures on this list, he's the one I've transformed the most, though I've owned him for the least amount of time. I like that the cannon can open to accomodate extra Nebulons. The only issue is that HH's head would wobble. But, that goes away if I rotate the Nebulon's face 180 deg when transfroming him into a head.

They also had TR Voyages, as well as CW Scattorshot. I'm guessing this means CW Sky Lynx won't show up there. I'll have to check the same TJ Maxx I found Brainstorm at.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Got TR Rewind today from Toys R Us in Woking, quite impressed once I managed to get him to actually stand up. They also had Stripes, Crashbash, Wheelie, Groove and a metric boatload of AoE stuff. Guy working there said that they were being "rationed" when I asked when the deluxes were coming in
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Yeah, I'd think stock in a lot of stores is going to depend on getting rid of the bulk of the Age of Extinction and Combiner Wars stuff first.

AoE was, what, two years ago? And it's still clogging up shelves. That's impressive going.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

As with Combiner Wars, considering this is quite a big wave of kid friendly toys they could really do with some form of media tie in actually aimed at kids to help shift them. I don't know if the online cartoon thing is a step in that direction, but it's a shame that some toys that are quite fun (and of course also some terrible ones) are shelf warming.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

G1 Spinister, Cyclonus and Bomb-Burst!

Found these all domestically (meaning they were probably a lot cheaper than on ebay); Cyclonus finally replaced that floppy, discoloured POS I sold off months back, and Spinister is actually something I'd been eyeing for a while but didn't want to pay the ebay prices for. Bomb-burst, well, I just want to get some Pretenders.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

TRU have masters and legends in stock for delivery now, which I've just ordered some of.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Popped into TRU on my way home and picked up TR Rewind. I like him! I like the triple changing styles and the fancy trading card :)

I was sorely tempted by Wheelie who looks pretty awesome (never thought I'd say that!), but went for Rewind as there was only one of him.

Had the small Headmaster figures others have mentioned, which intrigue me. Look to come with some spring loaded nonsense. Sadly, there was no price on the peg, so I didn't bite incase there was an unwelcome surprise at the till (my local TRU operates on 2 staff at all times).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Went for Wheelie myself rather than pay postage, does look good.

It's nice that they've give Rewind more options and generally like the sculpt but I'm a bit sceptical about the trend for chunky hands on smaller figures.